10th Annual CamTESOL Conference - Call for Papers
|Event Date/Time: Feb 22, 2014||End Date/Time: Feb 23, 2014|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 14, 2013|
Welcome to the 10th Annual CamTESOL Conference, to be hosted in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on 22-23 February 2014!
It is going to be an exciting year as we celebrate 10 Years of CamTESOL with the theme of English for Regional and International Integration.
For the first time in its decade of hosting, CamTESOL will offer two major events, the Regional Research Symposium (Friday 21 February) and the Main Conference (Saturday 22- Sunday 23 February).
The Regional Research Symposium, with a focus on promoting language research in the region, targets language-related researchers including those preparing doctoral theses. The Main Conference welcomes more practice-oriented sessions and is structured in the same way as previous CamTESOL conferences.
We look forward to welcoming all delegates and sponsors to the 10th Annual CamTESOL Conference.
CamTESOL Conference Series is a conference for professionals in the field of English Language Teaching and related issues. The 2005 conference was the first of an annual CamTESOL conference series. The theme of this first conference was Practical Issues in Teaching.
The conference is organised and is conducted on a voluntary basis but is led and underwritten by IDP Education (Cambodia).
The CamTESOL Conference Series has several components and related activities. The conference includes two pre-conference fora, one on either Regional ELT Leadership or Quality Assurance and the other on Regional ELT Research. The conference gives rise to a peer-reviewed online publication known as Papers submitted for consideration in this publication go through a blind-review process. Presentation at CamTESOL is neither a prerequisite nor a guarantee for publication, however the Summer Issue of is comprised predominently of papers from the CamTESOL conference.
The conference brings together the following groups:
- Classroom teachers of English and teacher trainers;
- Researchers in the fields of ELT and Linguistics;
- Administrators of English language schools and universities;
- Educators with an interest in international language education;
- ELT-related individuals and institutions and Ministry of Education representatives;
- Foreign experts or researchers who wish to network within the ELT communities in Southeast Asia.
The CamTESOL Conference Series aims to:
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information on good practices within English Language Teaching;
- strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all those involved in the ELT sector in Cambodia and the region;
- increase the links between the ELT communities in Southeast Asia and the international ELT community;
- showcase research in the fields of language and language education.
The Call for Papers for the 10th Annual CamTESOL Conference is now open.