10th International Conference on Geology of Sinai for Development (GSD10)
Organization: Geology Deptartment, Faculty of Science, Suez Canal University
|Event Date/Time: Feb 17, 2014 / 8:30 am - (GMT +2:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Feb 18, 2014 / 6:00 pm - (GMT +2:00 hours)|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 15, 2013||Time: 12:00:00(GMT +2:00 hours)|
Specialists and decision makers will be invited to discuss and formulating the findings in an action plan to initiate actual development in Sinai. In addition to the main theme, parallel sessions will be held which include topics concern with the geology of Sinai Peninsula and Suez Canal Region: The topics include the following:
- Development of new and sustainable Energy Resources
- Exploration, Assessment, Management & Protection of Water Resources.
- Industrial Mineral & Rocks.
- Ornamental, Building and cement materials
- Evaluating the suitability of soils for agriculture
- Geotourism potentialities in Central Sinai
- Urban planning and Human resources
- The environmental impacts of industrial projects in Central Sinai
- Hazardous Mines in Central Sinai
- Petroleum Geology
- Structural Geology & Tectonics
- Archeo-geology (exploration & protection)
- Applications of Remote Sensing & GIS in geology.
- Sedimentary rocks.
- Basement Rocks (Petrology, Petrography, Geochemistry, Economics, etc.)