10th Triennial Conference of the Association of Asia-Pacific Operational Research Societies (APORS2015)
Organization: Management Science/Operations Research Society of Malaysia
Venue: Imperial Hotel Kuching
|Event Date/Time: Aug 02, 2015||End Date/Time: Aug 06, 2015|
|Registration Date: Jun 15, 2015|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 15, 2015|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 31, 2015|
Selamat Datang! Welcome to the 10th Triennial Conference of the Association of Asia-Pacific Operational Research Societies (APORS 2015). Management Science/Operations Research Society of Malaysia (MSORSM) is delighted to announce that the 10th Triennial Conference of the Association of Asia-Pacific Operational Research Societies (APORS 2015) will be held in the delightful city of Kuching, in the state of Sarawak, Malaysia. The conference will be held from 02 - 06 August 2015. The Organising Committee is looking forward to welcome the delegates to the APORS 2015 Conference held for the first time in the state known as The Land of Hornbills. We are working towards preparing an attractive scientific programme with diverse topics to create a conducive environment suitable for encouraging and facilitating our delegates to share their knowledge and experience of operational research (OR). This conference aims to bring together members of the international OR community to discuss various aspects of OR with particular emphasis this time on the theme - OR and the Environment. The venue of the conference, Kuching, is the perfect setting to highlight the chosen theme of the conference. It is the capital city of Sarawak, which houses the seat of state government. Its strategic location on the banks of the Sarawak River has made it the major industrial and commercial centre of East Malaysia. Sarawak is also the largest state of Malaysia with a land mass of almost 125,000 square kilometres. Hence it is no surprise that Sarawak is home to one of the oldest rainforests in the world, an epicentre of biodiversity. It houses some of the rarest flora and fauna ever discovered and sustains communities of indigenous people that still live in harmony with the land; preserving the practices of their forefathers which allow them to live off the land but not destroy the ecosystem that sustains it. These two facets of Kuching and her ways of balancing both its promising economy and her environmental treasure trove is an example of the potential positive impact OR has on operational issues for economic prosperity but still being able to preserve and protect the Environment; the two co-existing in perfect harmony. As we march into the future, we find that the teachings of the old are kept and improved thus maintaining the delicate balance between all living things, very much like the fundamentals of Operational Research. It is amazing that an interpretation of this is reflected in the Tree of Life, one such variation found within the living treasures of Sarawak. Come and join us!
IFORS Invited Tutorial Lectures (IITL) - Professor Dr.Peter Letmathe, RWTH Aachen University, GERMANY.
Professor Dr.Stefan Pickl, Universität der Bundeswehr München, GERMANY.
Professor Dr. Graham Kendall, The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, MALAYSIA.
Professor Dr. Murali Sambasivan, Taylor's University, MALAYSIA.
Mr. Eric Sandosham, Red & White Consulting Partners, SINGAPORE.
We invite researchers, academicians, practitioners and students from any branch of Operational Research to participate at the conference and to present their research findings. Author may present more than one paper at a discounted rate of USD150 for any additional paper. Abstracts should not be more than 150 words. Citation, and theorem should be excluded from the abstract. The abstract submission deadline is on 28 February 2015.
Conference topics include those covering industrial issues/applications and academic research on the following or any other related disciplines:
- Algorithm and Computational Design
- Analytic Hierarchy/Network Processes
- Artificial Intelligence
- Combinatorial Optimisation
- Computational Biology, Bioinformatics and Medicine
- Computational Statistics
- Constraint Programming
- Cutting and Packing
- Data Mining and Decision Making
- DEA and Performance Measurement
- Discrete and Global Optimisation
- Energy, Environment and Climate
- Engineering Optimisation
- Facility Logistics
- Financial Modeling and Optimisation
- Fuzzy Optimisation – Systems, Networks and Applications
- Game Theory
- Heuristics and Metaheuristics
- Health Care Management and Applications
- Inventory Management
- Machine Learning and its Applications
- Mathematical Programming – Dynamic, Integer, Linear and Nonlinear.
- Military, Defense and Security Applications
- Modeling and Simulation
- Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and Multi-Objective Optimisation
- Network Optimisation
- Optimal Control
- OR/MS: Beyond Mathematics
- Project Management and Scheduling
- Production Planning and Management
- Quality Control and Management
- Revenue Management and Dynamic Pricing
- Stochastic Programming
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainability and Green Systems
- Timetabling and Rostering
- Transportation Planning
- Vehicle Routing
To celebrate this wonderful event, we are pleased to announce four Special Issues of the APORS2015 in the following journals:
- Operations Research Perspectives - published by Elsevier (Editor-in-Chief: Professor Rubén Ruiz García, Universitat Politècnica de València, SPAIN). Operations Research Perspectives is an exciting new Open Access journal in the field of Operations Research and Management Science, with fast online publication on ScienceDirect for all accepted papers.
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research - published by World Scientific (Editor-in-Chief: Professor Chew Ek Peng, National University of Singapore, SINGAPORE). The Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research provides a forum for practitioners, academics and researchers in Operational Research and related fields, within and beyond the Asia-Pacific region.
- Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences - published by INSPEM (Editor-in-Chief: Professor Kamel Ariffin Mohd. Atan, Universiti Putra Malaysia, MALAYSIA). The journal publishes original research papers and review articles on and related to mathematical sciences, covering topics in the areas of but not limited to theoretical and applied mathematics, statistics, industrial mathematics, biomathematics, mathematics education and history of mathematics.
The submitted manuscript by authors must be original and previously unpublished research findings. All submitted manuscripts to the Special Issues must meet this criteria and is not considered for publication elsewhere. We look forward to the submission of your papers to the journals and to sharing in the success of these Special Issues of the APORS2015 with you. The full paper submission deadline is on 31 August 2015.