14th Official Update: Combating Piracy
Organization: Hanson Wade
Venue: Le Royal Meridien Hamburg
|Event Date/Time: Apr 23, 2013 / 9:00 am - (GMT +1:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Apr 26, 2013 / 4:00 pm - (GMT +1:00 hours)|
Would you benefit from meeting your industry peers to find out what they are doing to keep their fleets safe even while budgets are being cut?
In a time when worldwide piracy is providing an unpredictable, varied and increasingly violent threat, your attention is being pulled in many different directions. Maintaining a proactive and robust security strategy for operations in the Gulf of Aden is vital to ensure the continued safety of your crew.
In order to stay ahead it’s critical to understand the very latest developments that will affect how you approach your security strategy at a strategic, practical and individual level.
The Combating Piracy event series gives you access to counter-piracy intelligence you can’t find elsewhere. The focus for this 14th update is on sharing experiences. At this industry-leading gathering of CSOs, you receive all the information you need to get together and get ahead.
This year’s speaker faculty will share rare insights into how they are continuing to implement a proactive and cost effective security strategy. You will leave armed with practical intelligence that you can take back to the office and apply immediately to build an impenetrable security strategy.What’s new at Combating Piracy?
- Get together and get ahead: Utilise ‘behind the headlines’ information to stay ahead of the trends and know where your industry peers are focusing their attention
- Benefit from a new focus on high impact, low cost security: Join Svitzer, Columbia Shipmanagement and CMA Ships UK Ltd to find out what security measures they have innovated, tried and tested
- Access strategic updates on the very latest developments that will dictate how you are able to protect your crew: SCEG, SAMI and BIMCO analyse the impact of the ISO28007
- Evaluate pioneering technologies and determine where and when to invest
- Determine when is the time to cut back on security: As huge as taking the decision to arm vessels is, taking the decision to remove them is even bigger – make sure you know how and when to make this decision
- Make sure you understand how the changing nature of the pirate threat will impact on your insurance premiums: Catlin reveals the underwriter’s perspective
- Eradicate uncertainty: Make sure you know what is being done on the ground in Somalia and how this will affect the piracy trend over the next 12 months
- Understand the long-term plan to ensure the reduction and elimination of piracy in East Africa: NCAGS/NATO Shipping Centre clarifies future naval commitments and resources
- Identify key similarities and differences between the East and West African threats: Make sure you have action plans in place to deter, prevent and respond to incidents
How can you get involved?
- Download the brochure now to see more details on the program: www.piracy-europe.com/download-brochure
- Let us know if you’ve got material that you’re interested in presenting as there are opportunities to speak or sponsor
- Why not join our community on LinkedIn and join discussions with your peers - start discussions, find answers and make new contacts. Simply search groups for Combating Piracy
- Secure your place early and take advantage of the early registration discounts that expire on Friday 8th March: www.piracy-europe.com/register