2013 National End Stage Liver Disease Training Program and Treatment Update
Organization: Scripps Health
Venue: Omni San Francisco Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Aug 10, 2013||End Date/Time: Sep 07, 2013|
The number of patients with ESLD in the US is expected to continue to grow through 2020, largely due to the burden of chronic viral hepatitis and fatty liver disease which already exists in our population. As they age, a larger number of patients will develop decompensation events such as bleeding from esophageal varices, hepatic encephalopathy, hepatocellular carcinoma, ascites, hyponatremia and renal failure. The expected increase in number of ESLD patients will create more demand for health care providers who are able to care for the growing population, both in and out of the hospital.
As such, this cutting edge, half-day course will teach diagnosis and management of common complications seen in patients with ESLD. After attending this educational program, the attendee will be able to recognize the treatable complications quickly and use the latest therapies in a reasonable fashion. Learning will concentrate on the areas which are evidence-based or literature-based; including portosystemic encephalopathy, ascites, hyponatremia, hepatocellular carcinoma screening and treatment, hepatorenal syndrome and bleeding due to portal hypertension.
Conference Highlights Include:
- New! Earn Category I CME and self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program.
- Updates on the latest clinical guidelines with strong patient-focused educational sessions.
- Local experts providing an interdisciplinary team approach to treatment with physician and midlevel provider faculty.
- Interactive formats including practical case studies, small group discussion, and question and answer opportunities throughout.
- Receive up to 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Convenient local venues and affordable registration fee.
- Transplant Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Specialists
Dates and Locations
August 10, 2013 Houston, Texas - Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria 1750 West Loop South Houston, TX, 77027 713-960-0111
September 7, 2013
San Francisco, California - Omni San Francisco Hotel 500 California Street San Francisco, CA 94104 415-677-9494
September 7, 2013 San Diego, California - San Diego Marriott La Jolla 4240 La Jolla Village Drive La Jolla, CA 92037 858-587-1414