2nd Annual Environmental Compliance Namibia
Organization: Intelligence Transfer Centre
Venue: Safari Hotel Windhoek
|Event Date/Time: Mar 05, 2014 / 7:01 am - (GMT +2:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Mar 06, 2014 / 5:01 pm - (GMT +2:00 hours)|
You will hear from Hon. Uahekwa Herunga, Minister: Ministry Of Environment & Tourism addressing Ministry’s expectations in terms of authorisation, prosecution and guidelines on environmental compliance.
This objective platform enables regulators and industry experts share best practises relating to environmental management in-line with current legislation. Attend this conference and ensure successful strategies on environmental compliance in your respective field to avoid litigation.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERSHon. Uahekwa Herunga Minister MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT & TOURISM Sam Shivute Commissioner: Inland Revenue Department MINISTRY OF FINANCE Dr. Wotan Swiegers Director CHAMBER OF MINES-URANIUM INSTITUTE Stefanus Gariseb Group Environmental Manager OHLTHAVER & LIST GROUP OF COMPANIES Dr Gabi Schneider Director: Geological Survey Of Namibia MINISTRY OF MINES & ENERGY Freddie Koujo Manager: Environmental Management CITY OF WINDHOEK Oliver C. Ruppel Professor Of Law UNIVERSITY OF STELLENBOSCH Heike Smith Portfolio Manager DEVELOPMENT BANK OF NAMIBIA Clive Lawrence General Manager: Health Services SWAKOPMUND MUNICIPALITY Connie Claassen Environmental Management Coordinator DEBMARINE NAMIBIA Frans Gaoseb SHEQ Manager MPACT CORRUGATED Absalom Shighwedha Chairperson MEDIA FOR ENVIRONMENT AGRICULTURE & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT NAMIBIA
NOT TOO BE MISSED WORKSHOPS
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE IN THE CORPORATE WORLD, THE CASE OF O&L GROUP OF COMPANIES
Group Environmental Manager
Ohlthaver & List Group Of Companies
KEY STRATEGIES TO BE DISCUSSED
- Examining ministry’s perspective on authorisation, prosecution & compliance
- Ensuring effective implementation, enforcement & monitoring of legislation
- Providing an in-depth ministerial regarding the pending environmental levy status
- Looking at municipal compliance
- Evaluating the role of local authorities in terms of environmental management
- Practical ways for industry to contribute to environmental compliance
- Environmental geology in the context of a national geological survey
- A case study on environmental legal compliance in terms of exploration, mining, waste management & closure
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Directors, Environmental Coordinators, Environmental Advisors, SHE Officers, Environmental Impact Assessment Managers, Environmental Impact Directors, Environmental Managers, Project Managers, Project Managers, Mine Managers, Operations Managers, Municipal Managers, Town Planners, Development Managers