2nd reThinking Literacy Conference (reThinking Literacy)
Organization: 21st Century Learning International
|Event Date/Time: May 11, 2017 / 8:00 am - (GMT +8:00 hours)||End Date/Time: May 13, 2017 / 5:00 pm - (GMT +8:00 hours)|
A conference for K-12 educators interested in how technology is reshaping the notion of what literacy is and how it can best be taught in school settings.
Six key themes:
- APPS & TOOLS Exploration of tools to support reading & writing in the classroom
- READING & WRITING WORKSHOP Embedding Digital Modes into Reading and Writing Workshop
- LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT Innovative whole school approaches and supporting teachers
- DIGITAL TEXT Impact of Digital Readers and Tablets on Teaching Reading
- NEW LITERACIES Impact of Video and Multiliteracies
- OUTSIDE SCHOOL How is “being literate” changing beyond the walls of school? How might schools best prepare students for this world?