31st Annual National Conference of Neonatal Nursing
Organization: Contemporary Forums
|Event Date/Time: Jun 23, 2013 / 7:00 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: Jun 26, 2013 / 11:45 am - (PST)|
PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAM WILL ENABLE YOU TO: • Identify the physiologic basis of assessment, interventions and management of complex newborn diseases. • Explore common complications in the critically ill neonate and discuss prevention and treatment strategies. • Improve communication and support techniques with the families of NICU patients. • Identify examples of evidence-based practice projects for your unit, implement a plan to begin the process, and understand the potential impact on care as a result of project findings. • Describe ethical, legal and controversial practice dilemmas encountered in the care of critically ill neonates.
WHAT MAKES THE 2013 CONFERENCE A "MUST ATTEND" EVENT?
- Preconference A: Advanced Neonatal Pathophysiology: The always-popular in-depth examination of the physiologic basis for various neonatal diseases returns.
- Preconference B: Brain Care: A brand new Preconference on practice advances, assessment skills, neuroprotection, rapidly evolving treatment strategies and monitoring techniques for the neonatal brain. Our faculty features internationally known speakers and pioneers in the field of neonatal neurology, guaranteeing a day of lively discussion and cutting-edge information.
- Core Competency Areas and Content Topics for NCC Certification Maintenance in your specialty are included in this conference.
- Drug-exposed infants, improving staff/parent communication and decreasing stress for families, nutrition, BPD rate reduction, quality improvement projects, new skin care guidelines—just a sampling of the hot topics addressed.
- Choose from 16 Concurrent Sessions and create a conference experience that will meet your educational needs and interests.
- Direct clinical application of the evidence-based information presented and practical strategies to improve patient outcomes.
- Faculty panels, interactive concurrent sessions and case study discussions designed to engage you and bring the information presented to life!
- San Francisco in the summer! A stunning location where you can explore and enjoy the diverse restaurants, shopping areas, cultures and activities that San Francisco has to offer.
Mark your calendar, invite a colleague to join you, and plan on a unique learning experience. See you there!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Anyone involved in the care of critically ill neonates.
IF YOU ARE A… Staff Nurse Nurse Practitioner Clinical Nurse Specialist Nurse Manager Educator or Instructor Transport Nurse Case Manager
AND YOU WORK IN A … Neonatal ICU Intermediate Nursery Newborn Nursery Neonatal Follow-Up Clinic General Pediatric Unit Pediatric ICU Obstetrics/Perinatal Unit ...then this conference is for you!