3rd Annual International Conference on Architecture, 10-13 June 2013, Athens, Greece
|Event Date/Time: Jun 10, 2013|
The of the (ATINER) will hold its 3rd Annual International Conference on Architecture, 10-13 June 2013, Athens, Greece. For further details, please go to the conference website: . The registration fee is €300 (euro), covering access to all sessions, two lunches, coffee breaks and conference material. Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A Greek night of entertainment with dinner, a special one-day cruise in the Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi.
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars, researchers and students from all areas of Architecture. Areas of interest include (but are not confined to):
• Individual buildings and building types
• History of architecture and the built environment
• Architectural theory
• Developments in construction
• Town planning
• Allied arts such as painting and sculpture
• Social Research examines the people who inhabit and use the spaces of architecture
• Technological Research studies the physical materials, methods, elements, systems, and science of architecture and the design and construction processes
• Environmental Research investigates the physical context of architecture, opening timely questions about the influence of society on environment
• Cultural Research studies place-making and the norms of the inhabitants of natural and built places past, present, and future
• Organizational Research examines the ways in which individuals and teams collaborate in the practice of architecture and in the client organizations
• Design Research considers the processes of shaping and making of places
• Educational Research examines the pedagogies of architecture and related fields
Please submit an abstract of no more than 300 words (using email only to: ) by 25 March 2013 addresses to: Dr. Nicholas Patricios, Head, Architecture & Engineering Research Unit
, ATINER & Professor and Dean Emeritus of Architecture, University of Miami, USA. Abstracts should include: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Affiliation, Current Position, an email address and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Please use the abstract submitting form available at. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, (), President, ATINER.
The Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) was established in 1995 as an independent academic association with the mission to become a forum, where academics and researchers - from all over the world - could meet in Athens to exchange ideas on their research and to discuss future developments in their disciplines. Since 1995, ATINER has organized more than 200 international conferences, symposiums and events. It has also published approximately 150 . Academically, the Institute consists of five and twenty-three . Each Research Unit organizes an annual conference and undertakes various small and large research projects. Academics and researchers are more than welcome to become members and contribute to ATINER's objectives. The members of the Institute can undertake a number of . If you want to become a member, please download the form (). For more information or suggestions, please send an email to: .