4-Days Faculty Develop. Program on Quantitative & Qualitative Data Processing, Analysis & Reporting (Faculty Development Program)
Organization: International Forum of Commerce & Management Professionals
|Event Date/Time: May 12, 2016 / 9:30 am - (GMT +5:30 hours)||End Date/Time: May 15, 2016 / 5:00 pm - (GMT +5:30 hours)|
Call for Registration
International Forum of Commerce & Management Professionals
An initiative of “Professional Education & Welfare Trust”
2nd Faculty Development Program on
Quantitative & Qualitative Data Processing, Analysis & Reporting
12th-15th May 2016
Venue : - National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR) ,
Near Blind Institute, Sector 26, Chandigarh-160019
International Forum of Commerce & Management Professionals is an initiative of non-profit trust namely (Professional Education & Welfare Trust) based at Greater Mohali. Forum aims to impart trainings, workshops, conferences for professionals across the world in various domains. Focus is on building knowledge society and creating large pool of talented minds in various disciplines.
This is 2nd FDP of the Forum. You are invited to be part of this Faculty Development Program. You can also nominate your Faculty. We ensure the best of learning through best of resources & program design.
Rationale of the Program
Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative tools is perquisite for producing competent research effort in any discipline. The basic objective of this workshop is to empower the participants by providing relevant knowledge and training on both quantitative and qualitative data processing, analysis & reporting skills. It includes the application of different tools and techniques in data analysis using SPSS and Atlas-ti packages. The program is hands-on & entirely practical.
- To familiarize the participants with quantitative and qualitative tools.
- To practice the steps involved in using these tools
- To understand and acquire the skills in use of SPSS and Atlas-ti in data analysis
- To acquire skills in data management, tabulation plan, data analysis with interpretation and presentation of output in a scientific meaningful manner & report writing.
- Art of writing research paper
- Techniques of Quantitative Research
- Techniques of Qualitative Research
- Report Writing of Analyzed data
- Art of Writing Research Paper
Who can attend
- Faculty of any discipline having interest in establishing research credentials and improving upon academic competence.
- Industry practitioners in the field of research & consultancy
- Ph.D. Scholars / Eager to refine & improvise on their research efforts.
Section – I Quantitative Analysis
Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis
- Use of MS Excel for Data Analysis
- Basic features of SPSS
- Preparation of SPSS Data set
Measurement Scale of Variables
- Import Export of Data file
- Selection of Data
- Recoding of a Variable
- Computing new variable
- Descriptive Statistics
- Graph and Charts : Bar, Histogram & Pie
- Frequency Distribution
Testing of Hypothesis
- Parameteric tests
- Non Parameteric tests
Correlation & Regression Analysis
- Two variable regression
- Multiple regression and Logistic regression
Section – II Qualitative Analysis
Introduction to Qualitative Data Management & its Processing
- Need of Qualitative Research
- How qualitative data is different from quantitative data
- Use of computer software to aid qualitative research
Introduction to Atlas ti
- Basic features of Atlas-ti
- Preparation of Atlas-ti Data set
Content searching using Atlast-ti for Transcription analysis
Coding and text interpretation using Atlas-ti
Mapping or Networking Anlaysis using Atlas-ti
Section – III Art of Writing Research Paper
- Generating and choosing an idea
- Connecting with the reader
- Literature review (with specific focus on review based papers)
- Making claims and supporting them
- Drafting the research paper
- Citations and referencing
- Abstract, title and key words
- Plagiarism and ethics of paper writing
- Top reasons for rejection of papers
Know your resource persons
Pawan Kumar Taneja, Ph.D.
Dr. Pawan is presently working a Sr. Faculty in area of Operations Research, Finance and Public Health with Indian Institute of Public Administration - A think tank institute for Government of India for conducting research and building capacity on governance, public administration and public policy issues.
On academic front, Dr. Taneja is M.Com, MBA, PGDStat and Ph.D. He has done Certificate courses in Managing Global Health and Health Economics from Johns Hopkins University, USA. He has also done Virtual Leadership Development Program course from MEASURE Evaluation, MSH (Management Science for Health) funded by USAID. He has more than 15 years of work experience varied from both industry and academics. Prior to joining IIPA, he worked for nearly five years as an Associate Professor with Indian Institute of Health Management Research, and more than 6 years in leading B-schools like IIMT, Gurgaon, an affiliate of Oxford Brookes University, UK; Punjab College of Technical Education etc. He has also worked as Assistant Chartered Accountant and conducted statutory audit of leading business houses in India for more than 3 years.
He has worked on Multi-disciplinary Research projects and consultancy assignments funded by NITI Aayog, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, National Disaster Management Authority, DIETY, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India, DFID, WHO, UNICEF etc. His diverse background and in-depth understanding of research methods has allowed him work on diverse issues such as Climate Change, Public Health, Disaster Management, Healthcare Financing, E-Governance, Monitoring and Evaluation of various government schemes. Dr. Taneja has authored 3 books and has more than 40 publications to his credit in national and international
Namrata Sandhu, Ph. D.
Dr. Namrata has twelve years of experience in research and teaching postgraduate management courses. She has authored two books and 28 research papers/articles published in journals of academic repute such asJournal of Management Research, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Asia-Pacific Business Review, International Journal of Business and Social Science, International Journal of Organizational Behavior, Indian Journal of Finance, etc.
She regularly presents her research at various international and national conferences and has recently won the best research paper award at the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (2015 IMRA- IIMB International Conference). She also acts as session chair/discussant at many of these conferences. She delivers workshops on the art of research. She is the recipient of the Outstanding Young Woman Researcher Award from the Association of Indian Management Scholars.
She works as a content developer for Facebook, GMAT, BSE and IGNOU and also as a freelance writer - articles published in Times of India, Femina and Reader’s Digest. In the capacity of a consultant, she works with corporate houses such as Cisco Systems, HDFC, Confederation of Indian Industries, Volvo, BSE etc. She has successfully delivered executive development programs to corporate houses such as Mahindra and Mahindra, JCT, Capital Local Area Bank etc.
Her areas of interest include Ethics and Finance. Research undertaken at the doctorate level and thereafter, primarily focuses on issues related to corporate misdemeanor. She is currently employed as an Associate Professor with Chitkara Business School, Chandigarh.
Program Fee: -
Faculty from Academic Institutions: - Rs. 5500/- per participant
Corporate / Practitioner Delegate: Rs. 6500/- per participant
Ph.D. Students/Scholars: - Rs. 4500/- per participant
Fee includes: - Tea/Working Lunch during sessions and reference material, if any.
Certificate of Participation: -
Certificate of Participation will be issued on the conclusion of program.
How to Register
1. Please fill the attached form with all details including Demand Draft details. DD/Cheque is to be made in favour of “Professional Education & Welfare Trust” payable at Chandigarh.
2. Forward the form at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration will be confirmed online. You can submit hardcopy of registration form and DD at the time of registration of Workshop on 12th May 2016.
3. Filled Form along with DD can be also be despatched to The Chief Organizer - FDP, 25 B, Top Floor, Shimla Homes, Fatehullapur Road, Desumajra, Kharar, Sector -125 (Greater Mohali)- 140308
4. Participants can also submit the fee through net banking & mention the transaction ID in the registration form.
Bank details for payment through net banking given below:
Professional Education & Welfare Trust
Account Number ;- 20510210000694
Sector 38 C, Chandigarh-160036
IFSC Code :- UCBA0002051
Branch Code :-002051
Seats are limited to 40. Last date of registration :- 30 April 2016
For any query, please write us back at email@example.com or call at 9855592931.
Looking forward to welcoming all the participants on 12th May 2016.
Dr. Pawan K. Taneja on Quantitative Data Processing, Analysis & Reporting
Dr. Namrata Sandhu on Art of Writing Research Paper