|Event Date/Time: Dec 09, 2013 / 8:30 am - (GMT +4:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Dec 11, 2013 / 6:00 pm - (GMT +4:00 hours)|
ABILITIESme's core mission is to enhance inclusiveness and bring the special needs community into the mainstream. Furthermore, ABILITIESme intends to help fill the gap borne from the lack of integration of the special needs individuals in the classroom, the gym, the household, the boardroom and on the work floor. Through a diverse set of features that includes a thought leadership conference, workshops and medical, educational and sports showcases, ABILITIESmeaims at presenting a bright perspective on the potential, possibilities and prospects of individuals with disabilities.
The event also proposes a smooth transition from speeches to actions by showcasing a series of medical assistive technologies, educational, sports and healthcare innovations and all recent scientific findings designed to improve the quality of life of people with physical, mental or developmental impairments. On a lighter side, ABILITIESme's Pre-Event Celebrity Sporting Match, Charity Ball, Award Ceremony and Gala Dinner are a few of the networking functions that will enable greater interaction between participants.
ABILITIESme can be thought of as a strategic and grassroots CSR initiative aimed at supporting the special needs community by engaging government and civil society to:
- Improve social and community integration of youngsters with autism
- Nurture potential, extend reach and capabilities of wheelchair-bound adults
- Grow academic strengths and physical astuteness of children with down syndrome
- Reinvent standards of educational excellence in school and university curriculums
- Advocate better quality of life for disabled and able people alike
- Invest in knowledge and suitable infrastructure development in the neighborhoods, districts and cities
- Normalise difference for greater familial, social, cultural and professional inclusion of individuals with physical, sensory, mental, intellectual and emotional impairments