ACI's Advanced Forum on Patent Litigation
Organization: American Conference Institute
Venue: The Carlton Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Dec 10, 2013||End Date/Time: Dec 11, 2013|
Master the litigation skills and strategies that your company or clients need to successfully tackle the legal intricacies of modern patent litigation arising from new laws, regulations and proceedings established in 2013.
In an industry that seems to shift day-to-day, 2013 witnessed monumental changes that resonated throughout the world of patent litigation. The American Invents Act (AIA) went into full effect, bringing with it the re-vamped parallel proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) that have revolutionized patent litigation. As more and more plaintiffs seek injunctive relief post-eBay, the International Trade Commission (ITC) instituted new guidelines and proceedings. Damages received increased scrutiny from federal courts, which has resulted in an increase in the sophistication of experts’ methods of calculation or demonstration of losses. More changes loom on the horizon, including further legislation or a revolutionary shift in how the Federal Circuit reviews appeals from Markman hearings’ rulings.
Attend this event to meet with the leading legal minds in this area as you acquire the skills needed to overcome the challenges of the new era of Patent Litigation.
The American Conference Institute’s (ACI’s) Advanced Forum on Patent Litigation is the only event that advises all litigators, be they in-house or outside counsel, of the changing landscape of patent litigation caused by recent legislation, government agency guidelines, and court determinations. This conference will not only serve as the standard for Patent Litigation Conferences going forward, but also as an annual meeting place for the “who’s who” of the industry.
Our faculty of respected and renowned litigators, in-house counsel, federal judges, administrative law judges, and government representatives will provide insights into all facets of patent litigation from choice of venue to appeals. Sessions will address the key elements and controversies affecting patent litigation, including:
• The impact of the AIA on patent litigation
• Analysis of the decisions from the PTO’s newly implemented proceedings
• Presenting damages despite increased Daubert scrutiny
• Streamlining litigation costs despite hefty discovery burdens
• New rulings that have changed the scope of patent eligibility
• An objective examination of the nuances of litigation by “Non-Practicing Entities”
• Litigating claims involving joint infringement or extra-territoriality
• How to protect patent rights abroad
• The further evolution of the inequitable conduct ruling post-Therasense
• Navigating the rise in ITC litigation
Benefit from Working Groups Designed to Give You the Edge in the Modern Patent Litigation Landscape
We are pleased to offer you informative and hands-on workshops which will complete your conference and networking experience:
• Patent Reform Primer: Analyzing the Implementation of the America Invents Act and Investigating Unresolved Issues on the Forefront of Litigation will provide you with an overview of the changes orchestrated in the first year of the AIA, setting the necessary framework for the more rigorous examinations of Patent Litigation strategies and procedures discussed in the main conference
• Patent Litigation Case Law Year in Review—An In-Depth Analysis of Major Cases and Their Effects on Patent Eligibility, Enablement, Pleading Requirements, Claim Construction, and More will discuss the landmark decisions of the year, and those that are pending determination, so that you can stay abreast of the evolution of the industry.