Acton University 2014
Organization: Acton Institute
Venue: DeVos Performance Hall
|Event Date/Time: Jun 17, 2014 / 3:30 pm - (EST)||End Date/Time: Jun 20, 2014 / 10:00 pm - (EST)|
If you’ve ever wondered “How do I connect good intentions, with sound economic principles?” then Acton University is the perfect place for you to begin a lifelong journey of obtaining knowledge and skills regarding liberty, faith and free-market economics.
What is Acton University?
- 4 dynamic days that integrate sound economics, rigorous philosophy, and Judeo-Christian faith
- A customized learning path that you create: 100+ courses taught by 55+ experts: an international, world class faculty
- An exploration of the intellectual foundations of truth, and respect for the dignity and worth of the human person
- A place to learn about the classical foundations of freedom and how they apply to our culture today
- A unique educational experience enabling you to lead with a greater understanding of the intersection of liberty and morality
- An international, ecumenical network empowering you to apply your knowledge in shaping culture towards a free and virtuous society
Who attends Acton University?
- In 2013, over 800 leaders and future leaders representing 70+ countries, from many faith traditions
- Full time undergraduate students and graduate students studying religion, theology, economics, political science, business, philosophy, history
- Faith based leaders: pastors, priests, seminarians, church staff, and congregational lay leaders
- Non-Profit and Development leaders from secular and faith based backgrounds
- Business and Economic leaders
- Entrepreneurs and those who aspire to be
- Academics: professors, doctoral candidates and university support staff
- Finally, everyday citizens who want to obtain “…an education that most wished they had received, and yet probably didn’t…”