Adolescent Health Care (Adolescent)
Organization: Contemporary Forums
|Event Date/Time: May 02, 2013 / 7:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: May 04, 2013 / 4:45 pm - (EST)|
|Registration Date: May 04, 2013||Time: 16:45:00 - (EST)|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 21, 2013||Time: 17:00:00 - (EST)|
- Three dynamic Preconferences, focusing on Obesity Management, Adolescent Sports Medicine and Clinical Training for NEXPLANON® (etonogestrel implant).
- A stellar panel of speakers and teachers who will share their perspectives and insights on how to make a difference when caring for teens.
- A number of "hot topics", issues you deal with daily, presented in a variety of teaching formats including didactic sessions, faculty panels, concurrent sessions and interactive case study discussions for learning from the experts and your colleagues.
- Time to share ideas, problem-solve and build professional relationships with colleagues from across the nation.
Can you think of a reason NOT to attend this exciting educational event? Plan now to come and share your energy and enthusiasm for caring for teens … you won't be disappointed!
Barbara Staggers, MD, MPH, FAAP Conference Chair Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland, California
Diane M. Straub, MD, MPH Program Consultant University of South Florida Tampa, Florida
Kathryn Clayton, MSN, MBA, ALNC Program Manager Contemporary Forums
This program will enable the experienced clinician to better:
- Evaluate emerging drugs of abuse and develop strategies to support and intervene with your adolescent patients.
- Examine challenges and controversies related to contraceptive management for adolescents.
- Explore a variety of topics including clinical management of medical dilemmas in adolescent boys, STDs, skin conditions, bariatric surgical options, sleep disorders, and updates in psychopharmacologic medications.
- List three legal and ethical hot topics in adolescent health.
- Discuss adolescent sexual health from a developmental perspective, highlighting strategies for improving communication and reducing risk-taking behaviors.
- Describe the various aspects of bullying and identify interventions for mitigating its effects on adolescents.
Who Should Attend?
If you are a…
- Adolescent Medicine Specialist
- Certified Nurse-Midwife
- Clinic, Office or Hospital Nurse
- Family Practice Physician
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
- School Nurse
- School or Clinical Psychologist
- Social Worker
- Women's Health Physician
- Anyone else providing health care for adolescents
Please call Contemporary Forums at 800-377-7707, fax 800-329-9923 or email us at for early registration or inquiry. See you there!
We are inviting a group of companies and organizations with professionally relevant products, services or career opportunities to exhibit at this conference. The schedule provides time for you to address your particular areas of interest at each exhibit.
For exhibit space availability or additional information: Phone: (925) 361-4807 Email: email@example.com Visit: