Advances in Prenatal Molecular Diagnostics Conference
Venue: Seaport Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Sep 23, 2013||End Date/Time: Sep 24, 2013|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 23, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Date: Aug 23, 2013|
- Current Options for Pregnancy Risk Assessment
- Array-based Cytogenetics
- Comparisons of Cell-free DNA Analysis
- Potential of Isolated Fetal Cell Analysis
- Biomarkers for Pre-Term Labor and Preeclampsia
- Discussion of Landscape Changes in the Near Future
- Ronald J. Wapner, M.D., Director, Reproductive Genetics; Vice Chair of Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center
- Kee Chan, Ph.D., Department of Health Sciences, Boston University
- Robert C. McDonald, M.D., MBA, President, Aledo Consulting
- Tara Rachinsky, Ph.D., Counsel, Intellectual Property, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Diana W. Bianchi, M.D., Executive Director, Mother Infant Research Institute; Professor of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Ankita Patel, Ph.D., Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine
- Stuart Schwartz, Ph.D., FACMG, Strategic Director, Cytogenetics, Laboratory Corporation of America
- M. Anwar Iqbal, Ph.D., Director, Cytogenetics and Microarray CGH Lab, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester and Medical Center
- Sucheta Bhatt, M.D., Director of Genetics, Verinata Health, Inc.
- Mathias Ehrich, Ph.D., Vice President of Research & Development, Sequenom, Inc.
- Thomas Musci, M.D., Vice President, Clinical and Medical Affairs, Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc.
- Zach Demko, Ph.D., Senior Director of Research & Development, Natera, Inc.
- Joe Leigh Simpson, M.D., Senior Vice President, Research and Global Programs, March of Dimes Foundation
- Arthur Beaudet, M.D., Chair, Department of Molecular & Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine
- Xiaoliang (Sunney) Xie, Ph.D., Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University
- Bhairavi Parikh, PhD, CEO and Co-Founder, CellScape Corp.
- Prof. Patrizia Paterlini-Brechot, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, RareCells, and Department of Cell Biology & Oncology, University Paris Descartes
- Francesca Fontana, Ph.D., R&D Biology Project Leader, Silicon Biosystems S.p.A.
- Matthew Cooper, Ph.D., CEO, Carmenta Biosciences
- Garrett Lam, M.D., Assistant Director and Assistant Professor, Ob/Gyn Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Regional Obstetrical Consultants and University Of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Robyn Tuytten, Ph.D., Vice President, Research & Development, Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd.
- Farideh Bischoff, Ph.D., Scientific Advisor, KellBenx, Inc.
- Alan Ezrin, Ph.D., President & CEO, NX PharmaGen
Pre-Conference Short Course:
Commercialization Boot Camp: Manual for Success in the Molecular Diagnostics MarketplaceThis workshop will define the priority checklist for executing a successful strategy and operational plan for commercializing molecular diagnostics. It will examine the process of bringing a product to market based on data driven case histories. Financial resources needed to execute the project plan will be measured in the current climate. Participants will learn key requirements for advancing molecular diagnostics through product development. This course will leverage the instructors’ years of accumulated experience spanning financial, technical and scientific acumen, as well as overcoming roadblocks on the path to commercial success. Instructors: Harry Glorikian, Managing Director, Scientia Advisors Elaine Cheung, Business & Corporate Development, Illumina