African Women in Leadership Conference 2013 (awLC 2013)
Organization: African Women in Leadership Organisation (AWLO)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 11, 2013 / 6:00 pm - (GMT +1:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Jun 14, 2013 / 11:00 pm - (GMT +1:00 hours)|
|Registration Date: May 31, 2013||Time: 23:00:00(GMT +1:00 hours)|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 30, 2013||Time: 23:00:00(GMT +1:00 hours)|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 31, 2013||Time: 23:00:00(GMT +1:00 hours)|
|Paper Submission Date: Apr 15, 2013||Time: 23:00:00(GMT +1:00 hours)|
The African Women in Leadership Organisation (AWLO) is a non-profit organisation with a membership that is open to all women leaders across Africa. It is the conference host for the upcoming 5th Annual African Women in Leadership Conference (AWLC) 2013.
The African Women in Leadership Conference (AWLC) 2013 is a three-day leadership and empowerment programme open to all African women across the continent and in the Diaspora.
The conference will include a welcome cocktail, networking sessions, the main conference sessions and a day of beauty, style and wellness. The main conference session includes speaker presentations, group discussions, open floor discussions and panel sessions.
The conference concludes with a Awards Gala Dinner where women who have made a significant contribution towards women's empowerment and development within their communities will be honoured.
Over the years, AWLC has delivered quality conferences with presentations touching on all spheres of life such as; Education, Economic Empowerment, Health, Legal, Political, Science and ICT and Women's Rights.
Our presentations are delivered by inspirational and dynamic African Women presenting on topics of relevance and significance to women of African heritage in harnessing their leadership capabilities.
Conference participants come from all walks of life. They include women leaders and women who aspire to be leaders. AWLC's target audience are:
- Political Women Leaders
- Women in Business
- Women Legislators
- Professional Women
- Entrepreneurs and Innovators
- Students (Tertiary)
Some of the topics to be presented on and discussed at the AWLC 2013 include but are not limited to:
- Active participation and engagement of African Women in political leadership
- The Woman as a Leader: Breaking the glass ceiling
- Social Entrepreneurship: Raising hope; Building communities
- The Whole Woman: Gentle strength, unbreakable spirit
- Mentoring: So many mentors, little or no mentoring
- Domestic Abuse: Breaking the silence
- Culture Clash: African culture vrs modern idealism
- Conflict Management Skills for Women at home and on the field
- Empowerment: A new look; Is the African woman empowered in her home?
- Dream Casting: Creating visions that inspire
- The Emotionally Healthy Woman
- Harnessing the power of Science, Technology and Innovation to impact an increasingly technological world
- Strategies for accessing Finance for the African Women
- Our Legacy: Inspiring the next generation of female leaders in Africa
- Educate a Woman, Educate a Nation?
- The Transformational Leader
- Exceptional Business Leadership
Participants at the AWLC 2013 will leave empowered and with renewed vision to achieve the goals. The networking opportunities at the conference is immeasurable as they are able to tap into a powerful network of African Women through AWLO membership.