Agricultural Investments-2012. Input Markets
Venue: President Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Nov 08, 2012 / 9:30 am - (GMT +2:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Nov 08, 2012 / 5:00 pm - (GMT +2:00 hours)|
|Registration Date: Nov 07, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 30, 2012|
The aim of the Conference is analysis of factors causing a sharp drop in bank loans (both domestic and foreign) of Ukrainian agricultural enterprises while 2009-2012 grain and oilseed production grows up to new records.
The years of 2011-2012 can be characterized as a period of consolidation of the farming industry. The focus of investors in the agricultural sector has changed significantly. Interest in initial public offerings (IPO) and corporate securities on stock exchanges reduced. This trend was followed by an impressive growth in mergers and acquisitions of agricultural enterprises both in world wide and in Ukraine.
Large scale farms became bigger and more effective through acquiring of elevators, consolidating land banks, growing skill of their management.
The start of Black Sea wheat future contract by CME Group (USA) is accompanied by statements of other world stock exchanges about intentions to launch similar contracts for grain Black Sea region.
Transparency of the agrarian markets increases and becomes a significant factor in attracting foreign and domestic investment in Ukrainian agriculture.
Traditionally, the conference "Agricultural Investments - 2012. Input Markets" will discuss the current trends of the inputs markets and modern ag technology application, too.
The Conference will focus on the following hot topics:
- Fluctuations in the global economy and their impact on investment climate in Ukraine
- Increase in ag investments through mergers and acquisitions
- Alternative ways of the farming sector financing
- Commodity credits. Experience of Brazil
- Land reform in Ukraine. The latest trends
- Effective farming under conditions of declining bank crediting
- Promising sectors for investment. Fruits and vegetables sectors
- Future grain contracts of the Black Sea region: Prospects and reality
- Quotes of the Black Sea futures: first results. Volatility, basis, spread, forecasts
- Modern trends in inputs market. Will future contracts promote commodity crediting?
- Climatic factor and its impact on inputs market