ALARA Inc 9th Action Learning, Action Research and 13th Participatory Action Research World Congress
Organization: North West University
|Event Date/Time: Nov 04, 2015||End Date/Time: Nov 07, 2015|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 12, 2015|
The theme of this World Congress is a challenge to Action Learning / Action Research practitioners the world over, whether working in resource rich or more socio-economically challenged contexts, to explain how they are contributing to the creation of a fairer world. The ALARA World Congress 2015 will create a space for dialogue as we ponder questions such as:
- How do we know we are asking the right questions to promote sustainable learning?
- How do we capacitate people to address the intricate interplay of social, economic, political and cultural factors that combine to preserve injustice?
- How do we ensure authentic collaboration between stakeholders across all levels?
- How do we use AL/AR to forge innovative, sustainable responses to contemporary complex challenges?
- How do we know we are successful in mediating sustainable change?
Strands will be in Education, Organisational Development, Community, Innovations and the Environment - Sustainability.
- MC is Eileen Piggot-Irvine, Professor of Leadership at Royal Roads University, Victoria, Canada
- Richard Teare, President of the Global University for Lifelong Learning (GULL)
- Danny Burns, who leads the Participation Research Cluster at the Institute of Development Studies at Sussex University, UK
- Ortrun Zuber-Skerrit Adjunct Professor at Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, and a panel of Action Research experts in our Opening Plenary
- Other presenters include
- Dr GH ven der Voort and Prof LA Wood (South Africa)
- Dr PM Ferguson (Ireland)
- Prof E. Piggot-Irvine (Canada) and Prof S Sankaran (Australia)
- Dr Y Toyoda et al. (Japan)