Applied Education Congress (APPED2013)
Organization: Middle East Technical University
|Event Date/Time: Sep 04, 2013||End Date/Time: Sep 06, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 03, 2013|
It is our pleasure to announce the 2nd International Applied Education (APPED) Congress to be held between 4th and 6th of September, 2013 at Northern Cyprus Campus of Middle East Technical University in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
We would like to invite all researchers, practitioners, and educators in various disciplines of education to take part in APPED Congress whose goal is to encourage interaction among researchers, practitioners and educators in various disciplines of education. We aim to create an interactive, dynamic and ongoing forum to share both theoretical and practical perspectives in the field of Applied Education.
In APPED 2012 there were over 500 proposals and 250 of them were accepted and presented at the Congress. In addition, we had four keynote speakers and over 500 attendees. This year in APPED 2013 we hope to provide the congress attendees even a better experience and an excellent opportunity to keep up with the latest developments in education and collectively create a foundation for future studies in this field.
Main Topics that are covered in APPED are:
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum Studies
- Learning and Teaching
- Language, Culture and Education
- Distance Education
- Higher Education
- Non-formal Education
- Educational Policy, Leadership and Planning
- Measurement and Evaluation
- New Trends and Issues in Education
- Guidance and Counseling Psychology
- Telecommunication and Instructional Technologies
- Special Needs Education
Participants can present their work either in English or in Turkish at the congress. In addition, different presentation formats will be available in Applied Education Congress. Interactive and interdisciplinary approaches in all presentations are encouraged.
Specific presentation formats are:
- Oral Presentation: Paper submission
- Poster Presentation: Paper submission
- Round Table Presentation: Paper submission
- Workshop: Submission of works addressing educational issues or practices
- Panel: Attendees will address a specific educational problem or issue from a variety of perspectives. Topics for panel will be determined by the congress committee.
- Exhibition: Exhibition hall will include representations from learning centers, publishers and companies working in the field of education.
We are looking forward to your contributions and participation in Applied Education Congress, 2013 at Northern Cyprus Campus of Middle East Technical University in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Prof. M. Yaşar ÖZDEN
President of Applied Education Congress