Balancing Safety & Health Objectives with Human Resources Management
Organization: 1Life Workplace Safety & Health
|Event Date/Time: Apr 17, 2013 / 9:00 am - (CST)||End Date/Time: Apr 18, 2013 / 5:00 pm - (CST)|
Learn how Health & Safety Objectives tie into Human Resource Management and how to balance human rights, employee rights with health and safety responsibilities. In this 2 day workshop you will discover:
- Integrating safety management with human resources and performance Management
- The Human Rights/Safety balancing act.
- Why discipline is a necessary part of due diligence and how to discipline effectively and lawfully
- What every business should know about Workers Compensation Laws
- How to spot and manage a suspected fraudulent WCB Claim
- How to effectively manage drugs and alcohol in the workplace
Jamie Jurczak, Taylor McCaffrey, LLP; specializing in labour and employment law, Jamie is a sought out presenter across the country and has successfully represented many Manitoba employers charged under Manitoba WSH Legislation.
Bob Fowle, CKR Global Investigations; with 500 experts in 23 offices across Canada CKR Global is Canada’s premier national provider of Risk Mitigation & Investigation Services providing innovative solutions that reduce risk, minimize loss and increase human safety, enabling their clients to function at their fullest potential.
Theo Heineman-Kowalchuk, CRSP, CHSC, President 1 Life Workplace Safety & Health; has both local and international experience specializing in Safety Management System design, implementation and continuous improvement. Theo sits on the WCB Advisory Committee for the Future State of MB Workplace Safety & Health.