As personalized medicine and genomic-based therapies become the gold standard in drug discovery, specimens such as blood, serum, and tissue may hold the key to a better understanding some of the world's most devastating diseases. With this is mind, now is the time for pharmaceutical and biotech companies to assess their sample management strategies to ensure current and future drug discovery is not jeopardized by sub-optimal management processes or samples or lack of sample data.
Delegates will attend this program to hear about strategies and best practices for collecting, cataloging, and storing samples and specimens crucial to the research they are conducting. Key topics will include deciphering and following industry best practices from NIH and ISBER for sample storage, and FDA regulations for biobanks and repositories, understanding the impact of global regulations, and adopting strategies to choose the best off-site vendor to store samples long-term.
Attending this conference will enable you to:
- Consider the impact of global regulations and standards for biobanking
- Discuss the need for alternate forms of biobank models, such as virtual biobanks
- Identify opportunities for outsourcing functions of biobanking and maintain relationships with vendors
- Understand the role of hospital and academic biobanks to further the research goal
- Ensure easy access to internal specimens being used for research or clinical trials
- Leverage data and automation tools to ensure specimens are properly cataloged and processed
Industry leaders attending this conference will benefit from a dynamic presentation format consisting of workshops, panel discussions, and industry-specific case studies that provide accurate, real-world knowledge. Attendees will experience highly interactive conference sessions, 10-15 minutes of Q&A time after each presentation, 4+ hours of networking, and exclusive online access to materials post-event.
Hear what previous marcus evans participants have to say about our Life Sciences Conferences:
"Great in-depth coverage of hot topics in an intimate setting that lent itself to excellent discussions." - Novartis
"One of the best meetings I've attended. Excellent organization, topics, and speakers. Overall well done." - Sanofi-Aventis
"Relevant and useful topics from industry perspective." - Abbott