Birth Injuries, the Law & Perinatal Safety - Washington, DC
Organization: Contemporary Forums
Venue: omni shoreham hotel s
|Event Date/Time: Oct 24, 2013 / 7:00 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: Oct 26, 2013 / 12:30 pm - (PST)|
Patient safety and the obstetric team's central role in providing quality care have been on the forefront of national and international health care discussions for many years. Advances in care for perinatal and neonatal patients have reduced the frequency of morbidity and mortality. However, perinatal litigation is increasing and the U.S. is ranked higher than many countries for frequency of perinatal morbidity and mortality!
Clinical challenges remain in many areas such as interpretation of fetal heart rate patterns and neonatal response to treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis. Clinical documentation has increasingly been key in the outcome of litigation. "If it wasn't written, was it done"? Defending perinatal brain injury and catastrophic cases and jury comprehension of important clinical issues are crucial to the outcome of litigation.
Plan now to join your colleagues for this outstanding educational experience and a well-deserved R&R from your busy practice.Washington, DC Discover Washington, DC... a unique blend of politics, diplomacy and history.
Tour the impressive Capitol Building and the original Supreme Court Chambers, where landmark decisions are made. You won’t want to miss the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and Martin Luther King Memorial to get a glimpse into the lives of the great men who formed the basic concepts of our democracy.Highlights of the 2013 Conferences:
- Updates in current trends in obstetric and neonatal litigation.
- A number of "Hot Topics", issues you deal with in your clinical and legal practice, addressed in a variety of teaching formats, including didactic sessions, faculty panels, interactive case studies, and participation as jury members in an interactive case review.
- Network with clinical and legal colleagues regarding challenging cases and discover new resources to take you beyond the constraints of your own experiences.
- Relax and rejuvenate yourself in the exciting cities of Las Vegas and Washington DC!
- List several techniques for explaining complex perinatal cases to a jury.
- Discuss clinical management procedures which reduce maternal morbidity and mortality.
- List key planning and risk reduction strategies for high risk obstetric patients.
- Evaluate the issues around warning the patient of potential complications.
- Clinical Nurse-Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Risk Manager
Please call us at 800-377-7707 for early registration. See you there!