Clinical Breakthroughs & Challenges in Hematologic Malignancies: 10th Annual Conference
Organization: Moffitt Cancer Center
|Event Date/Time: Jan 18, 2014 / 7:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Feb 18, 2014 / 5:00 pm - (EST)|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 02, 2013||Time: 17:00:00 - (EST)|
The 10th Annual Clinical Breakthroughs and Challenges in Hematologic Malignancies is a one-day conference focused on providing updates in novel therapies and treatment plans. Presented in an interactive forum that includes plenary lectures, case presentations and discussion, the conference will focus on multiple myeloma, MDS, CML and lymphomas.
This conference is directed toward hematologists, medical oncologists, pharmacists, fellows, residents, advanced practice professionals and healthcare professionals who are interested in this area.
- Understand current risk stratification models in MDS
- Examine novel therapies for MDS
- Describe the proper initial management of newly diagnosed CML
- Explain the novel therapies in CML and MPNs
- Discuss optimal management strategies for diffuse large B cell and follicular lymphomas
- Identify novel agents and regimens in non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Discuss therapeutic options for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma
- Identify novel therapies in the development for multiple myeloma
- Explain current treatment options for patients with malignant hematologic diagnoses based on the latest evidence presented.
- Identify common symptoms related to the treatment of hematologic malignancies.
Physicians: USF Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
USF Health designates this educational activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Pharmacists: USF Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program has been approved for 7 contact hours. Universal program number is as follows: CH20134081195 To receive continuing education credit, a pharmacist must attend the accredited sessions and must return the program evaluation instrument. In order to receive full credit, registrants must register no later than 10 minutes after the start of the meeting and must attend the entire meeting.
All participants who are requesting Pharmacy Credit should expect to receive their statement of credit either on-site or within 4 weeks by US Mail upon the conclusion of the activity.
Nurses: USF Health is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
A maximum of 6 contact hours may be earned by learners who successfully complete this continuing nursing education activity.
Call for Case Presentations
We seek oral case presentations that will reflect each of our main topics: Multiple Myeloma, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and Lymphoma. Each participant who is selected will receive an honorarium and travel expenses. A brief synopsis of the case presentation should be faxed to 813-449-8148 or e-mailed to no later than December 1, 2013.
Registration: $125 for Physicians, $100 for Other HC Professionals