Conflict Management and Dealing with Difficult People
|Event Date/Time: May 29, 2013 / 10:00 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: May 29, 2013 / 11:00 am - (PST)|
Addressing both the positive and negative sides of conflict, we will explore techniques which can bring about positive outcomes. Looking at causes of conflict from diverse perspectives and at different personality types can be helpful in resolving conflicts as well as improving relations with all staff. Areas Covered In the Session:
- Understanding the nature of conflict
- Types and sources of conflict
- Utilizing internal complaint procedures
- Rules of conduct
- Separating facts from interpretations
- Separating the people and the problem
- Listening concepts and why people do not "hear"
- Using varying techniques to resolve conflict
- Dealing with aggressors, underminers, unresponsive people, egoists, whiners, complainers, etc.
- Avoiding procrastination and taking action
- Human Resources professionals and administrators
- Employee Relations Specialists
- Supervisors and all levels of management
Marna Hayden is founder and president of Hayden Resources Inc. She has 30+ years in the field of human resource management and is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR). Hayden Resources Inc. provides management and human resources consulting and outsourcing services to small businesses and nonprofits, and specialized services and training to larger organizations. Hayden has held senior offices in the banking, retail, and service industries and is an adjunct faculty member for DeSales University.