Organization: Contemporary Forums
Venue: hyatt regency atlanta s
|Event Date/Time: Oct 31, 2013 / 8:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Nov 02, 2013 / 3:45 pm - (EST)|
What do you need to know about progestin type and VTE risk in a new pill user? What about a woman with one of those medical conditions where you need to determine whether the benefits really do outweigh the risks? Are certain GYN conditions better managed through the non-contraceptive benefits of contraception? What do we know about how contraception affects herpes and HPV?
Join us as the experts examine the evidence and analyze the conflicting reports. While you're with us, take a peek into the future. What's in the research pipeline for contraceptives of tomorrow? More pressing, what's in the pipeline for Title X and some of the women's health services written into the Affordable Care Act? Dr. Hatcher will share with you answers to his favorite top 10 questions that clinicians like you have sent to his website.
Did you know that most of the clinicians that attend "CT" have been providing women's health care for at least 15 years? Think of the networking opportunities you'll have to share "war stories" and find solutions for clinical challenges you're facing. With a choice of multiple Preconferences and concurrent sessions, your conference experience will be rich with learning, discussion and interaction. And don't forget...the "Rock Stars" of contraception, the authors of Contraceptive Technology,will be there, eager to meet and talk with you. See you there!
Atlanta Enjoy Some Southern Hospitality!
Atlanta thrives in spirit, charm and hospitality, and is full of recreational, sports and entertainment opportunities. Visit Underground Atlanta, offering history, music, shops and a variety of restaurants. Wander through Centennial Olympic Park and appreciate the dramatic ring fountain, court of flags, and beautiful landscaping. Next to Centennial Olympic Park, experience the Georgia Aquarium, the world's largest, housing over 100,000 animals in fresh and salt water.
What You Will Learn
This program will enable you to better:
- Discuss current research as well as recent and future developments in contraceptive technology.
- Fine-tune your contraceptive management skills, appropriately incorporating guidelines from the U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria and Selected Practice Guidelines.
- Examine screening and clinical management of common and complex challenges in women's health, including STDs, vaginitis, abnormal vaginal bleeding, cervical cancer screening, and others.
- Discuss a sensible approach to the adolescent's first reproductive health visit, incorporating recommended screening guidelines as well as your intuitive sense about the adolescent's needs.
- Explore the highlights of the Affordable Care Act and their impact on women's reproductive health care and Title X.
Please call Contemporary Forums at 800-377-7707 for early registration. See you there!