Corrosion Control & Prevention Masterclass
|Event Date/Time: Nov 19, 2012 / 8:00 am - (GMT)||End Date/Time: Nov 21, 2012 / 5:00 pm - (GMT)|
Salvo Global’s 3-day intensive Masterclass on “Corrosion Control & Prevention” provides delegates with a valuable toolbox to improve asset integrity & prolong asset lifespan through effective strategies to recognize, prevent, control, & tackle corrosion. This Masterclass will be led by an international expert from the United States with over 30 years of experience in Materials, Inspection & Corrosion Engineering, and current Section Vice-Chairman of National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) International. He has improved the corrosion control and management processes of numerous clients including Shell, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Atomic Energy of Canada, Nova Scotia Power, Texas Steel Foundry, Canadian Vickers Shipyard.
Upon completion of the Masterclass, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the various forms of corrosion and understand the corrosion mechanisms.
- Address corrosion risk factors (Threats) and the associated consequences (Costs) in a proactive manner.
- Protect your assets from corrosion by selecting and applying the appropriate Barriers to Corrosion – Materials Selection & Design, Chemical Inhibitors, Protective Coatings & Linings, & Cathodic Protection.
- Ensure the effectiveness of your corrosion barriers and controls through Barrier Assurances – Inspection & Surveillance, Monitoring & Analysis, as well as Sampling & Testing.
- Learn about the latest developments, technologies, theories and international best practices in the field of corrosion science and engineering.
- Gain valuable tools, checklists, and techniques for building your Corrosion Toolbox and developing an effective Corrosion Management Plan for your organization.
- Use Failure Analysis methodologies to determine suitable recommendations for Corrosion-related failures.
- Find out where the available resources & networks are to obtain the appropriate corrosion, mechanical integrity and chemical monitoring and control requirements (eg. from professional societies such as NACE International, The Corrosion Society etc.)
Who should Attend?
Directors, General Managers, Heads, Superintendents, Supervisors, and leaders of business units such as:
- Technical Services
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Asset Integrity Management
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Materials and Corrosion Engineering
- Pipeline Engineering/Integrity
- ReliabilityAnd anyone else looking to implement an effective corrosion management programme to improve asset Integrity & prolong asset lifespan!
This course is targeted at multiple industries, and is especially relevant to: Offshore & Onshore Oil & Gas, (Production & Processing), Refineries, Petrochemicals/Chemicals, Power & Utilities, Shipping & Ports Facilities, Pipeline & Transmissions, Energy Distribution, Water Treating & Sewage, Mining, Manufacturing, Cathodic Protection Suppliers, Materials Suppliers, Protective Coating Suppliers & Applicators, Equipment Fabricators Consultants etc.
For more information or to register, Please contact:
Ms Mumtash Assudani
Tel: +65 6297 8545