Cyber Security & Infrastructure Protection Symposium
Organization: Technology Training Corporation
Venue: Sheraton National Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Mar 19, 2013 / 9:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Mar 20, 2013 / 5:00 pm - (EST)|
Attacks on the U.S. critical infrastructure computer networks, aimed at significantly disrupting or permanently wiping out the functioning of government and business alike, would produce cascading effects far beyond the targeted sector and physical location of the incident. In response, the President directed a comprehensive review of the Federal Government’s efforts to defend US communications and information technology infrastructure, designed to improve our resilience vs. attacks and to reduce the overall cyber threat. As a consequence, US Federal cyber security funding is poised for dynamic growth, with a cumulative value of over $65 billion over the next five years.
This symposium brings together the senior level U.S. Government and Industry Cyber Security experts from the Critical Infrastructure Sectors – including the Energy, Homeland Security, Defense, Transportation, IT/Communications, Postal, Emergency Services & Banking, and Finance who are taking infrastructure protection to a new level and are creating the latest tools, techniques and solutions for protecting our resources from internal and external cyber terrorism.
- What are the latest Government strategies and initiatives for protecting infrastructure against cyber attacks?
- What are the latest threats? How is the threat environment evolving?
- What is the way forward for interagency intelligence and information sharing?
- What are the emerging tools and techniques for continuous risk monitoring and management?
- What challenges do new technologies pose? What are the emerging solutions?
- What is the road ahead for National Cyber Policy and Standards?
These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this important two-day event.