East African Oil & Gas Infrastructure Security
Venue: Hilton Nairobi
|Event Date/Time: Jun 24, 2013||End Date/Time: Jun 27, 2013|
Overcome security challenges to unlock the potential of oil & gas discoveries in East Africa
The opportunities presented by oil and gas discoveries in East Africa are huge. Yet a variety of security threats, including local activism, terrorism, lack of clear intelligence and piracy threaten your ability to capitalise on the potential of this region.
East African Oil & Gas Infrastructure Security delivers tailored intelligence and industry case studies on how to predict, prevent and detect the variety of threats you will face when moving into this region. You will receive strategic insights to ensure you know the long-term initiatives in place that will impact on you. You will also gain practical insights to ensure you go back to the office armed with ideas on how to forma robust security action plan.
The programme is split into onshore and offshore streams, which means that every presentation will be directly tailored to your area of focus.
You’ll leave armed with vital strategic updates as well as the practical security measures you can implement to deliver a robust security strategy.
Attend East African Oil & Gas Infrastructure Security and:
- Protect yourself against emerging and future threats: Identifying current and anticipated security threats and the actions being taken by companies to counter these
- Mwanna Africa reveals how to create a model to optimise security procedures and practices based on relevant operating experiences
- Learn lessons from the protect to build and operate a petroleum pipeline between Uganda and Kenya: Insights into the Lapsset Transport Corridor project
- Apply innovative and sustainable CSR projects to reduce the threat of local activism and community and unrest: Insights from Afren East African Exploration
Onshore Stream agenda highlights:
- Establish a high risk country entry strategy: Make sure you are aware of all of the threats you will face operating in high risk regions and receive exclusive insights from OMV into how you can mitigate these threats
- Gain practical insights into heightening the protection of critical national infrastructure: Schlumberger’s approach to onshore security
- Form up-to-the-minute evacuation strategies to ensure the safety of your employees in an emergency situation
Offshore Stream agenda highlights:
- Understand the exact nature of the offshore threat and how you can take action now to minimise the threat to your operations
- Analyse the tactics currently being adopted by maritime criminals and pirates, how these are likely to evolve and how you can prepare for this
- Gain practical steps to implement a robust crisis management programme: Share collective experiences and collaborate work with your industry peers in an inbuilt workshop
- as also spent about 5 years in Sudan.