Economy Today. Interdisciplinary Approach to Contemporary Economic Challenges
Organization: Interdyscyplinarne Koło Naukowe Doktorantów Wydziału Ekonomiczno-Socjologicznego Uniwersytetu Łódzki
|Event Date/Time: Mar 11, 2016||End Date/Time: Mar 11, 2016|
|Registration Date: Jan 30, 2016|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 15, 2015|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 30, 2016|
IMPORTANT information: The conference has been rescheduled for March 11th!
- Financial Markets,
- Globalization and International Economics,
- Social Aspects of Economics,
- Politics and Economic Policy,
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation,
- Urban and Regional Economics.
All accepted papers will be published as:
- articles in scientific journals (e.g. "Comparative Economic Research. Central and Eastern Europe", "Studia Prawno-Ekonomiczne"),
- or chapters in a monograph.
- prof. Grzegorz W. Kolodko (Poland),
- prof. Dieter Eissel (Germany).
Conference venue: Lodz, the former textile industry empire, today is a city of modern technologies, creative enterprises and grand cultural events. It is a metropolis where a landscape of industrial heritage mixes with office buildings, production halls and culture amenities. Truly unique urban fabric hosts plenty of attractive spots for free-time activities. Lodz was remembered as a city of various cultures, different nations, which lived next to each other. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, various religions and nationalities in Lodz coexisted. Contemporary cultural calendar of Lodz relates to this past. Design, film, fashion, art and photography are words best describing cultural events hosted by Lodz. Nowadays Lodz is a third-largest city of Poland, a thriving economic and cultural centre, and one of the most important Polish academic centres.