Effective Communication: Survival Tools for Primary Care Providers
|Event Date/Time: Dec 01, 2013 / 4:00 pm - (EST)||End Date/Time: Dec 08, 2013 / 7:00 am - (EST)|
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ 14 Contact Hours Course Fee: Physicians and Psychologists - $695 All Others - $450 Plus the cost of the cruise
Physicians, Nurses, Psycholgists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
Program Purpose / Objectives
Decreasing reimbursements and rising practice costs are increasing the need for efficient communication across multiple clinical venues. This program focuses on approaches to communication with colleagues, nurses, PAs, support staff, office managers, administrators and insurance companies. Various strategies can be used in office, clinical and hospital settings. The format will be stimulating and interactive- including break-out sessions to hone application of communication skills for personal and professional growth.
- Personal Strengths and Interpersonal Strategies
- Recognize personality types of self and key colleagues and use effective strategies in communication, data gathering, decisions and planning.
- Select appropriate directive, consultative, democratic and consensus approaches to decisions in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Advocacy and Inquiry
- “Make the case” or accomplish collaborative goals through a process of advocacy or inquiry.
- Productive Meetings
- Identify meeting purposes-problem solving, decision making, informational, planning or a combination- and facilitate agenda items to achieve desired results.
- Career Satisfaction and Burn-Out
- Using a self-awareness worksheet-including professional goals, values, and priorities- identify concerns and steps to resolve selected issues.
- Implement a step- by step- process for assigning responsibilities to nurse clinician mid-levels and PAs in relation to professional training, experience and ongoing needs in the practice.
- Optimizing Medical Teams
- Employ a range of strategies to engage all team members in expanding and sustaining quality care.
- Resolving Misunderstandings
- Utilize a process for clarifying and resolving misunderstandings early on.
- Consider one, or a combination of six influencing strategies to generate cooperation and buy-in.
- Dealing with Insurers
- Create evidence- based documents to gain approval for patient coverage.
- Best Practices in Communication
- Apply and/or adapt useful best practices in communication to improve your practice.
- Work Life Balance
- Complete a written assessment of key work life priorities.
- Crafting Your Plan
- Develop a follow-up plan in relation to communication strategies, teamwork and professional renewal that fits your situation and priorities.
Conference Sessions generally take place during the days at sea (as cruise itinerary allows) to avoid conflicts with Ports of Call or evening entertainment.