Elsevier Faculty Development Conference
Organization: Contemporary Forums
Venue: MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
|Event Date/Time: Jan 02, 2014 / 7:30 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: Jan 05, 2014 / 12:45 pm - (PST)|
Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Identify upcoming trends in nursing education and their integration into faculty practice.
- Describe strategies for linking nurse education curriculum to nursing practice.
- Discuss methods to measure program and course outcomes.
- Use technology to engage students in active learning.
- Identify options for creative instructional delivery and course management.
- Integrate best practices in teaching and learning relevant to advancing nursing education.
- Develop strategies for mentoring and professional growth within the faculty role.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PROGRAM:
- Powerhouse Keynote Speaker: Barbee Bancroft, MSN, PNP, RN, author and lecturer.
- Two dynamic half day Preconferences designed to give you a concentrated session on one or more areas of your practice: "Clinical Reasoning in the Clinical Setting" and "Critical Thinking and Test Item Writing".
- Comprehensive "Concept Based Curriculum" Preconference (6 hours of CE) presented by the dynamic Linda J. Caputi, EdD, MSN, ANEF, CNE, author and lecturer.
- Elsevier Exceptional Educators of the Year Awards.
- Poster presentations and exhibits of teaching tools that can help promote quality and efficiency in nurse education.
- "Can't attend in person? Attend "virtually"...by registering for the Live Webcast of this conference.
- Can't attend the Live Conference or the Live Webcast? Consider pre-ordering online access to the recorded conference as another exciting option.
- Nursing and Allied Health Faculty
- Other Educators In Interdisciplinary
- Learning Settings
- Deans of Nursing & Allied Health
- Staff Development Educators
- Clinical Nurse Educators
- Allied Health Faculty
...anyone interested in Nursing Education.