Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
Organization: Society of Emotional Intelligence/Bermuda College
Venue: Coco Reef Bermuda
|Event Date/Time: Jun 15, 2016 / 8:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Jun 16, 2016 / 5:00 pm - (EST)|
A 4-part, 2-day certificate program presented by the Society of Emotional Intelligence in partnership with the Bermuda College.
Emotional Intelligence has become a crucial part in how today’s leaders meet the challenges they face daily. Emotional Intelligence skills are integral to decision making, empathizing with co-workers and friends, communicating vision to staff, overcoming challenging workplace situations, and staying resilient.
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders will improve leaders’ ability to excel in increasingly difficult and complex leadership roles. The central finding of EI research is that emotions are essentially contagious, and thus a leader's attitude and energy can "infect" a workplace either for better or for worse. The hallmarks of a true leader can be acquired and when they are, they can significantly impact employee performance. This valuable certificate program delivers the in-depth knowledge and practical emotional intelligence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong, emotionally intelligent leader.
- Provide an in depth look at EI, the value of enhancing this skill for personal and organizational performance
- Take the online EQ-i 2.0 prior to attending the seminar. Review and discuss results during class
- Assess and discuss your current leadership style and the application of EI
- Understand how emotions can influence thoughts, behavior, goals, decision–making, and work/personal relationships
- Discuss the application of emotional intelligence to leadership in a variety of functions such as: problem solving, decision making, mediating disputes, and leading teams
- Practice and apply EI to real world leadership situations
- Establish an action plan to continue applying EI skills in the workplace.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Assessing your Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
- Emotional Intelligence for Teams
Who should attend: Executives, managers, leaders, or anyone who wants to enhance their overall performance and create a healthy, productive workplace and organizational culture.
Bonus: Receive up to 3 30-minute complimentary coaching sessions after attending seminar.
Hank Clemons, PhD - Founder and CEO of the Society of Emotional Intelligence, Executive EI Coach, Author of “Could your Emotional Intelligence Be Holding You Back? Radio show host of “Let’s Talk EI”, Speaker.
Ravi Rao, PhD, MD, M.Ed. – Globally known expert in the application of Neuroscience of Emotion to corporate leadership, Executive Coach, Author of “Emotional Business”, Speaker.
All materials, breakfast and a light lunch is included in the registration fee.
Refund Policy: Requests received in writing 15 days before the start of class are eligible for a refund, subject to a $100 administrative fee. 50% will be refunded for requests received less than 15 days before the start of class.