ENERGY WEATHER SUMMIT (ENERGY WEATHER SUMMIT)
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2013 / 11:00 am - (CST)||End Date/Time: Sep 27, 2013 / 5:00 pm - (CST)|
|Registration Date: Sep 26, 2013||Time: 23:59:00 - (CST)|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 06, 2013||Time: 23:59:00 - (CST)|
The Energy Weather Summit features a series of briefings on critical issues in weather for energy and commodities risk management, featuring a roster of distinguished guest speakers from energy, media, and government institutions.
Topics will include
- The impact of weather upon the energy markets
- Demand response and load forecasting issues
- Strategies for hedging against weather-related risk
- Extreme weather impacts and outlooks impacting the energy and commodities markets
- Climate outlooks for 2013-2014
- Overview of methods used in global weather and climate prediction and an assessment of their accuracy, limitations, and capabilities
- Climate change and global trends
- The integration of climate data with business insights
- Consensus forecasting and market drivers
- Big data and state-of-the-art data mining techniques in forecasting weather and commodity trends
Previous Summit attendees included Air Liquide, Calpine, Deutsche Bank, EOX/OTC Global Holdings, GAMAA Derivatives, Gelber & Associates, Iberdrola Renewables, Mercuria Energy Trading, Macquarie Group, NOAA, Pattern Energy, Platts, Sirius Solutions, University of Houston, Wilkens Weather, ZE PowerGroup, and others.
Conference Class Add-On (optional): Meteorology for Traders and Risk Managers This course provides essential information for professional in weather-dependent businesses. Learn the basics of meteorology and how to read weather maps (such as “spaghetti plots”). Learn how meteorologists put together weather forecasts, the different techniques of short- and long-term forecasting, and how to assess the risk of a weather forecast. You will receive 3 hours of instruction, a detailed syllabus, and 0.3 continuing education credits (CEU) with certificate.
Who should attend: Professionals from energy and commodities industries, including natural gas, power, crude oil, and agricultural commodities trading, load forecasting, utilities and demand management, industrial energy users, renewable energy, investment banking and finance, E/CTRM technology, risk and portfolio management, economics, environmental sciences and policy, and related businesses.
Date: Friday, September 27th, 2013
Schedule: 11:00-11:30am Registration and Start of Lunch 11:30-2:00pm Speaker Sessions 2:00-5:00pm Meteorology Class (Conference Add-On)
Where: McCormick & Schmick's (downtown), 1201 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77002 – (713) 658-8100
Cost: Speaker Sessions and Luncheon: $150 for Luncheon and Speaker Sessions Meteorology Class Add-On: $249 if registered by September 6, 2013; $299 after September 6, 2013
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.