ESH Clinical Updates in Hematology on Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Venue: Budapest Marriott Hotel
|Event Date/Time: May 31, 2013 / 10:00 am - (GMT)||End Date/Time: Jun 01, 2013 / 4:30 pm - (GMT)|
ESH Clinical Updates in Hematology on ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA / MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROMES May 31st – June 1st, 2013 – Budapest, Hungary Chairs: B. Löwenberg, E. Hellström-Lindberg Local Organizer: T. Masszi
This ESH Meeting series features:
- a 1,5 day update on patient management from world class experts. - a clinically and practically oriented program that reflects state-of-the-art as well as innovation, in a mixture of different hematologic disorders. - in-depth presentations followed by interactive discussions, including clinical cases and controversies. - a handout comprising lecture summaries, slides and recent, selected references.
- Acquire insight into the current diagnostic process of acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplasia in relationship to clinical and hematological factors, molecular biomarkers and gene mutations
- Evaluate the merits and relevance of molecular diagnostics and minimal residual disease assessment, and their relevance for clinical management decisions
- Learn about the state of the art of the treatment of these disorders, and understand some of the critical clinical management issues and dilemmas in the treatment of young adults and patients of older age with acute leukemia, myelodysplasia and acute promyelocytic leukemia
- Get insight into developmental therapeutics of acute myeloid leukemia and the myelodysplastic syndromes, including knowledge about the mechanisms of action of novel therapeutic compounds, the current status of development of various targeted drugs and their promises for future clinical application.
- In addition to chemotherapeutic appproaches, learn about the usefulness and applicability of various modalities of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in acute leukemia and myelodysplasia.
The Budapest Marriott Hotel is located in the city center of Budapest on the banks of the Danube River, just a 30 minute drive from Budapest International Airport. It offers excellent conference facilities as well as onsite hotel accommodation and creative catering.
For more information, please contact Camille Frank camille.frank@univ-paris-diderot