Fifth Annual Consumer Genetics Conference
Venue: Seaport Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Sep 25, 2013||End Date/Time: Sep 27, 2013|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 23, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Date: Aug 23, 2013|
The Consumer Genetics Conference (CGC) is a one-of-a-kind event that draws together a dynamic community of scientists, clinicians, technology innovators, and patients to discuss the burning issues around the analysis and delivery of genomics results directly to patients and consumers. Over three days, attendees will hear about disruptive diagnostic technologies, cognitive barriers to patients (and medical professionals), ethical/regulatory/privacy issues, the thorny issue of reimbursement, and the challenges of building relationships to realize the potential of personal genomics and individualized medicine. CGC provides an opportunity for all stakeholders to come together at one venue, share viewpoints and engage in an honest dialogue, and together learn how to move the elephant of change.
Program topics will include:
- Whole Genome Debates
- Translational Genomics
- Clinical & Third-Generation Sequencing
- Personal Genome Analysis & Interpretation
- Empowering Patients: Companies & Technologies
- Molecular Diagnostics & Point-of-Care
- Investment & Funding Opportunities
- Reimbursement Models
- Five-Year Plan for Consumer Genomics
- Data Analysis & Management
- Ethics, Privacy & Regulation
- Digital Health Tracking Apps
- Bonnie Ancone, Vice President, Molecular Diagnostics, XIFIN, Inc.
- Nazneen Aziz, Ph.D., Director, Molecular Medicine, Transformation Program Office, College of American Pathologists
- Pam Baker, Senior Director, Market Access, CardioDx
- Shawn C. Baker, Ph.D., CSO, BlueSEQ
- Cinnamon S. Bloss, Ph.D., Director, Social Sciences & Bioethics, Assistant Professor, Scripps Translational Science Institute
- John Boyce, President and CEO, GnuBIO
- Catherine Brownstein, Ph.D., Project Manager, The Gene Partnership, Boston Children’s Hospital; Instructor, Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Kenneth Chahine, Ph.D., J.D., Senior Vice President and General Manager, DNA, ancestry.com
- Mick Correll, COO, Genospace
- Steven Dickman, President & Owner, CBT Advisors
- Lynn Doucette-Stamm, Ph.D., Vice President, Development and Clinical Operations, Interleukin Genetics, Inc.
- Yaniv Erlich, Ph.D., Principal Investigator and Whitehead Fellow, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Kyle Fetter, Associate Vice President, Molecular Diagnostics, XIFIN, Inc.
- Birgit Funke, Ph.D., FACMG, Assistant Molecular Pathologist and Director of Clinical Research and Development, Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital; Assistant Professor in Pathology, Harvard Medical School
- Amanda Gammon, MS, CGC, Licensed Genetic Counselor, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah
- Manuel L. Gonzalez-Garay, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Robert Green, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- Steve Gullans, Managing Director, Excel Venture Management
- Tina Hambuch, Senior Scientist, Illumina, Inc.
- Michael Hawley, Chief Design Officer, Mad*Pow
- Caleb J Kennedy, Ph.D., Lead Scientist, Good Start Genetics, Inc.
- Ayub Khattak, CEO, ruubix
- Wendy Kohlmann, MS, CGC, Licensed Genetic Counselor, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah
- Antoinette F. Konski, J.D., Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Gary J. Kurtzman, MD, Managing Director, Healthcare, Safeguard
- Gholson Lyon, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Human Genetics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; Research Scientist, Utah Foundation for Biomedical Research
- Daniel MacArthur, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Massachusetts General Hospital; Co-founder, Genomes Unzipped
- Ellen T. Matloff, M.S., Research Scientist, Department of Genetics and Director, Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center
- Martin Mendiola, M.D., MPH, Director, Clinical Program Development, Happtique
- Peter S. Miller, COO, Genomic Healthcare Strategies
- Georgia Mitsi, MSc, Ph.D., MBA, Founder and CEO, Apptomics LLC
- David Mittelman, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Virginia Tech Department of Biological Sciences, and VTC School of Medicine
- Anne Morriss, Founder and CEO, Genepeeks
- Julia Oh, Chief Science Officer, 1eq
- Heidi L. Rehm, Ph.D., FACMG, Chief Laboratory Director, Molecular Medicine, Partners HealthCare Center for Personalized Genetic Medicine (PCPGM); Assistant Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
- Jessica Richman, CEO and Co-Founder, uBiome
- Gabe Rudy, Vice President, Product Development, Golden Helix and Author “A Hitchhikers Guide to Next Generation Sequencing”
- Meredith Salisbury, Senior Consultant, Bioscribe
- Anish Sebastian, Co-Founder and CEO, 1eq
- Juhan Sonin, Creative Director, Involution Studios, MIT
- Vasisht Tadigotla, Ph.D., Senior Bioinformatics Scientist, Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc.
- Spencer Wells, Ph.D., Explorer-in-Residence and Director, The Genographic Project, National Geographic Society
- Eric P. Williams, Ph.D., Senior Bioinformatics Scientist, National Marrow Donor Program
- Rina Wolf, Vice President, Commercialization Strategies, XIFIN, Inc.