Government Big Data Symposium
Organization: Technology Training Corporation
|Event Date/Time: Mar 05, 2013 / 9:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Mar 06, 2013 / 5:00 pm - (EST)|
Earlier this year the White House announced funding for a large new research and development initiative aimed at extracting and exploiting the “knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data… to help solve some the Nation’s most pressing challenges.” This is in addition to numerous ongoing “Big Data” programs that have been initiated across the Federal Government, including the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Homeland Security, Energy, Health and Human Services, NASA, and NSF aimed at spurring scientific discovery and innovation.
This outstanding conference brings together the key government and industry experts who are shaping the direction of big data research and development across the Federal Government. They will provide you with an in-depth understanding of Federal agency strategy and plans, the status and forecast for key big data initiatives, and the latest tools and technologies being developed to exploit the massive amounts of information being collected at the Federal level.
- What are the most recent lessons learned from the commercial world?
- How is large-scale analytics being applied to ease overload for our warfighters from an increasing number of sensor inputs while providing “actionable” information?
- What applications are being developed for homeland security and intelligence analysis?
- What is the promise of health data analytics for developing new approaches to population health management, generating informatics-based treatments to major diseases, and coordinating response to public health crises? Synthesizing, sharing, and exploiting earth observation data? Providing the analytic basis for the next-generation of energy capabilities?
- What role are new tools, techniques, and technologies – predictive analytics, cloud computing, metadata, etc. – playing in making big data analytics at the Federal level a reality?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.