Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition (GILE 2013)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 09, 2013 / 9:30 am - (GMT +8:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Jun 12, 2013 / 6:00 pm - (GMT +8:00 hours)|
The Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition, Asia’s most influential and comprehensive lighting and LED event, which was held 9 – 12 June at the China Import and Export Fair Complex, Guangzhou, has set new records for exhibitor and visitor attendance.
The 17th edition of the show was held concurrently with Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology which supports the electrical engineering and building and home automation industries and Building Solar China – Conference and Exhibition featuring integrated solar technologies and smart solutions for buildings. The Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition and Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology were organised by Guangzhou Guangya Messe Frankfurt Co Ltd and Building Solar China – Conference and Exhibition was jointly organised by WIP Wirtschaft und Infrastruktur GmbH & Co Planungs-KG and Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd. Together the shows attracted 2,914 exhibitors showcasing their products in 21 halls covering 210,000 sqm.
Visitor numbers increased by ten percent compared to the 2011 shows with the final count being 110,406 from 111 countries and regions.
The 16th edition of the four-day show, which is also the world’s leading and most comprehensive lighting event, continues to go from strength to strength. Visitor numbers to the two shows totalled 100,465, an increase of 40 per cent compared to 2010.
Exhibitor numbers also rose to 2,931, an increase of 41 per cent compared with last year and the total exhibition area was 210,000 sqm, covering 20 halls.
Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition figures at a glance:
• Total number of visitors: 110,406
• Local visitors: 89,429, an increase of 11 per cent, compared to 2011
• Overseas visitors: 20,977, an increase of five per cent compared to 2011
• Number of represented countries and regions: 111
• Top 10 visiting countries and regions (in order of highest attendance): Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Korea, USA, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Australia and Malaysia
• Total number of exhibitors: 2,653
• Number of exhibitor countries and regions represented: 27
• Total sqm (gross): 190,000
The Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition and Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology are part of Messe Frankfurt’s architecture and technology shows, headed by the biennial Light+Building event in Frankfurt which will take place from 30 March – 4 April 2014. The next Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition will be held 9 – 12 June 2013 at the China Import and Export Fair Complex, Guangzhou, China.
To find out more information about the shows, please visit email light(at)china.messefrankfurt.com.
- Accessories and electronic components
- Decorative lighting
- Electric lights
- LED technology
- Light control, management and measurement systems
- Light production and measurement equipment
- Press and publications
- Professional lights
- Technical lighting