Health Facilities Infrastructure
Organization: IQPC Dubai
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat
|Event Date/Time: Nov 10, 2013||End Date/Time: Nov 13, 2013|
The healthcare market in Oman is expected to be worth US $2bn by 2015 as a result of population growth, rising levels of lifestyle-related diseases and increased health insurance. The total allocation for the sector in the 2013 state budget increased by 9.4% from 2012. From US $1.3bn in 2012 to US $1.4bn in 2013, the total expenditure of the healthcare sector this year is approximately 5% of the total public expenditure.
With the government turning its focus to the available healthcare sector, the quality of healthcare available in Oman has improved over the past decade. Recent and ongoing developments include the continued expansion on the private medical segment and the introduction of international standards throughout the public sector. As a result, the Sultanate is steadily earning a reputation as a centre for healthcare in the region and the sector is set to experience expansion for the foreseeable future.
Healthcare providers face a number of challenges in the coming years. For example the Sultanate suffers from a shortage of hospital beds and this pressure is expected to increase as the population continues to expand. Increased state spending under the 8th five year plan is expected to bring about substantial improvement in government health facilities. Furthermore, the private sector is set to continue its expansion as a result of strong government incentives. There are many private developers who are opening hospitals and medical cities, including Apex Medica Group, Shifa Al Jazeera and Lifeline Hospitals, over the next 4 - 5 years. Wide-scale reform, a response to soaring costs and increasing demand, is forcing healthcare providers and insurers to rethink their value propositions and business models.
With the demand for state-of-the-art health facilities and the Sultanate aiming to become a world-class medical tourism destination, Health Facilities Infrastructure Oman will provide a platform for the latest innovations, trends, and concepts in health facilities infrastructure and design.
Health Facilities Infrastructure Oman 2013 will highlight the following projects: • Hear the latest project update from Dr. Naeema Aziz, COO, Apex Medical Group on the US$1bn International Medical City in Salalah • Learn about the Shifa Al Jazeera Group’s plans for developing 13 healthcare projects worth US$259m from T.P. Ahmed, VC, SAJG • Evaluate the Ministry of Health's (MOH) new projects including: a Medical City near Muscat (US$1.8bn - currently identifying land and in design stage), US$860m for various healthcare facilities, plus hospitals in Muscat (US$365m) and Salalah (US$125m) from Ahmed al Qasmi, DG of Planning, MOH • Discover the latest MOH IT infrastructure requirements from Abdul Rahman Al Touqi, DG of IT, MOH • Discuss how to integrate world-class standards of healthcare with Dr. Ashraf Ismail, Managing Director, Middle East Office, Joint Commission International (JCI)
Benefits of attending Health Facilities Infrastructure Oman 2013:
- Learn about the current state of healthcare in Oman and understand the next stages of development to gain business in the Sultanate
- Promote your healthcare facility as a centre of excellence amongst industry peers and experts
- Evaluate how to adapt the latest software in health facility design in order to improve efficiency, functionality and seamless workflow of services
- Discover how to reduce energy consumption through state of the art solutions and technologies in order to reduce operating costs
- Understand the latest improvement in retrofitting current hospitals to reduce costs and reconstruction timelines
- Hear from CEOs, CFOS, CIOs and Commissioning Directors on their pre-qualification requirements in order to ensure your company is selected for the latest healthcare facility tenders and projects
- Network with key figures and government representatives in the Sultanate’s healthcare sector in order to gain visibility for your company or organisation