Hot Topics in Primary Care (Hot Topics)
Venue: Snow King Resort
|Event Date/Time: Jul 21, 2013 / 7:00 am - (MST)||End Date/Time: Jul 24, 2013 / 1:15 pm - (MST)|
|Registration Date: Jul 24, 2013|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 10, 2013|
In the current environment of health promotion and disease prevention, primary care is in the spotlight. The rational use of diagnostic tests and new medications, reduction of cardiovascular risk factors, issues in women's health care, behavioral approaches for a healthier outcome, and management of chronic disease, all combine as mandates as we move forward in the 21st century. We all know the aging population will put incredible demands on the current health care system. What can we do to prepare for this challenge? And how will the Affordable Care Act impact our practices going forward?
Designed for NPs, MDs, PAs, CNMs, and RNs from primary care settings, this 4th annual conference is sponsored by Contemporary Forums, a leader in quality continuing education, in partnership with JNP: The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. Hot Topics in Primary Care brings together an outstanding panel of clinically active faculty members who will discuss the challenges you face daily in your office or clinic setting.
Bring your questions and puzzling cases… this dynamic faculty will give you answers and guidance. Plan now to join your colleagues at Hot Topics in Primary Care!
This program will enable the experienced clinician to better:
- Explore diagnostic and management options for a variety of common conditions seen in the office or clinic setting, including metabolic syndrome, dermatologic conditions, sports injuries, abnormal vaginal bleeding, cognitive changes, and obesity.
- Discuss the highlights of the Affordable Care Act and their implications for providing health care and reproductive services for women.
- Fine-tune your management of hyperlipidemia, incorporating the new National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP IV) guidelines.
- Discuss the pharmacology of select dietary supplements used in primary care.
- Synthesize and apply new knowledge through case-based discussion of select clinical challenges.
- Develop an interprofessional approach to primary care to maximize patient outcome.
What makes the 2013 Conference a "must attend" event?
- NEW THIS YEAR! A "Pharmacology Update" provided as an optional Preconference on July 21 where you'll learn newer trends and options for pharmacotherapy, as well as common clinical issues related to prescribing. The dynamic "Agins team," instructors for Contemporary Forums' Pharmacology Course, will be there to share their pearls.
- A number of "Hot Topics" you deal with in your every day practice, addressed in a variety of teaching styles including didactic sessions, faculty panels, concurrent sessions, and interactive case study discussions.
- A comprehensive approach to primary care, including topics on dermatology, sports medicine, women's health, pharmacology, cardiovascular health and geriatrics.
- Core Competency Areas and Content Topics for NCC Certification Maintenance in your specialty are included in this conference.
- A complimentary subscription to JNP: The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. Visit www.npjournal.org
- The glorious setting of Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons, where you can combine outstanding education with time to explore this incomparable setting.
Who Should Attend?
- Family, Adult, Geriatric, and Women's Health Nurse Practitioners
- Family Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Office and Clinic Staff Nurses
- ...and anyone else interested in providing state-of-the-art, comprehensive primary care
Alan P. Agins, PhD President, PRN Associates Continuing Healthcare Education Tucson, Arizona
Mona Mofid, MD, FAAD Medical Director, American Melanoma Foundation Dermatologist, San Diego Skin, Inc. La Jolla, California
Jody F. Agins, MSN, RNP, FNP/GNP-BC, WCC Chief Medical Officer, Soreo Pathways President, Seminars for Healthcare Education, Inc. Nurse Practitioner, Private Practice Tucson, Arizona
Michael S. Policar, MD, MPH Clinical Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences University of California, San Francisco San Francisco, California Medical Director, UCSF Family PACT Evaluation California Office of Family Planning Sacramento, California
Andrew John Maxwell Gregory, MD, FAAP , FACSM Associate Professor, Orthopedics & Pediatrics Program Director, Pediatric Sports Medicine Fellowship Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Team Physician, Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities Nashville, Tennessee
Joyce L. Ross, MSN, ANP, CS, FNLA Certified Clinical Lipid Specialist Consultative Education Specialist Cardiovascular Risk Intervention Past President, Preventive Cardiovascular N urses Association Guest Lecturer and Clinical Preceptor University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Philadelphia, Pennsylvania