Ideas Economy: Innovation Forum 2013
Organization: The Economist
|Event Date/Time: Mar 28, 2013 / 9:00 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: Mar 28, 2013 / 7:00 pm - (PST)|
Our 2013 programme is built with a practical focus on business issues within the context of large-scale, global trends:
- Market Innovation: Chief marketing officers from Cisco, Levi Strauss and Fedex discuss how to leverage innovation to create growth.
- Capital Investment: What are the financial models that power ideas in the short term—and also encourage investment for the long term?
- Innovation Management: Art, science and the latest best practices from Peter Diamandis and chief information and chief technical officers from Cardinal Health and The Coca-Cola Company.
- The Human Element: Building a culture of risk taking, fast failure, and "pivot"—with human capital experts from Google and Applied Materials.
- The Agile Economy: The new rules of business—and what it takes to win.
- Technology Frontiers: The Economist's digital editor Tom Standage presents the most important global innovations guiding business today.
Learn from some of the world’s most admired corporate innovators:
• Laszlo Bock, Chief people officer, Google • Blair Christie, Chief marketing officer, Cisco • Patricia Morrison, Chief information officer, Cardinal Health • Robin Washington, Chief financial officer, Gilead Sciences • Guy Wollaert, Chief technical officer, Coca-Cola • Mark Garrett, Chief financial officer, Adobe Systems • Mary Humiston, SVP, global human resources, Applied Materials • James Curleigh, President, the Levi's brand, Levi Strauss • John Noseworthy, Chief executive officer, Mayo Clinic • Raj Subramaniam, SVP, global marketing, FedEx Services • Deborah Hopkins, Chair of venture capital initiatives and chief innovation officer, Citigroup • Tim Draper, Managing director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson • Eric Brandt, Chief financial officer, Broadcom • Peter Diamandis, Chairman, X Prize Foundation • Chris Anderson, Author, Makers: The New Industrial Revolution • Ann Miura-Ko, Co-founding partner, FLOODGATE • Navi Radjou, Co-author, Jugaad Innovation: Think Frugal, Be Flexible, Generate Breakthrough Growth
Ideas Economy: Innovation Forum 2013 is designed for C-level and senior executives responsible for innovation, information, technology, strategy, and marketing who are charged with driving innovation and new product development—across industries and sectors. Together with The Economist’s editors and featured guests, all will participate in a full day of stimulating, interactive discussion and debate, with a practical focus on business issues in the broader context of large-scale, global trends.