International Conference on Cities, People and Places
Organization: University of Moratuwa
|Event Date/Time: Oct 14, 2013||End Date/Time: Oct 17, 2013|
|Registration Date: Sep 30, 2013|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 30, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 15, 2013|
|Paper Submission Date: Jul 15, 2013|
The Department of Architecture of the University of Moratuwa in Sri Lanka in conjunction with its international and national academic partners is proud to announce the International Conference on Cities, People & Places, to be held from October 14-17, 2013, at the Sri Lanka Foundation Institute in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Its objectives are twofold. First, it aims to gather in a fast developing Asian city- Colombo, those who are interested in looking into the spaces and places of cities with a view to sharing their understanding of the complex human dimension of living in cities. Second, it envisages facilitating and constructing a holistic view of the problems facing contemporary cities, and places and solutions for their meaningful growth.
Conference themes are focused upon the following but not limited to.
- Making people friendly cities and places
- Community planning and design
- Identity and character of cities and places
- Quality of public plazas and places
- Experiencing the city
- Great Streets and public spaces
- Techno city and promoting social consciousness through digital culture
- Urban conservation and urban cultural heritage
- Sustainable urban design, planning and technologies for cities
Paper proposals related to other humanistic issues of the cities are also welcome.
KEY NOTE SPEAKERS (already Confirmed)
Prof. Ali Madanipour,
Professor of Urban Design, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK