International Conference on Extension Education in the Perspectives of Advances in Natural Resource (IC-NaRMA-IV)
Organization: Rajasthan Society of Extension Education
Venue: SKRAU , Bikaner
|Event Date/Time: Dec 19, 2012||End Date/Time: Dec 21, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 19, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Nov 15, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Nov 30, 2012|
In post green revolution scenario of Natural Resource Management (NRM) integration on concepts and technologies with in the discipline predominated, as evident by the use of phraseology of Integrated Rural Development (IRD), Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Integrated Disease Management(IDM), Integrated Nutrient Management(INM), Integrated crop management (ICM) and Integrated organic farming. Apparently the rational admixture of ideas and methods for modern and traditional aspects of agriculture paved way for achieving the goals of sustainable agriculture through transfer of technologies generated through intra-and interdisciplinary research.
With the onset of the second decade, advances in science are forcing convergence of ideas and technologies being generated through trans-disciplinary amalgamation namely; agricultural technology, extension management agency, nanotechnology, info- communication, engineering, green fertilizers like Phosphate Rich Organic Manures (PROM), automated water management, hi-tech horticulture and ecoreverential technologies. the advances in Natural Resource Management (NRM) have acquired greater focus. Primarily it is expected that the integration of technologies would be enriched and sharpened, building a comprehensive understanding of integrated technologies and a prelude to adoption of converging technologies in Agriculture. The present international conference (NaRMA-IV) intended to link technology generation and dissemination in NRM and have crystal graze scenario of sustainable agriculture all concerned are invited to participate.
Objectives of the conference.
• The conference would attempt to identify, document and explore the research being undertaken and future research imperatives in integrated and converging technologies in Natural Resource Management in agriculture.
• It would serve as a platform to discuss the issues, problems and challenges related to extension of new NRM technologies for eco-friendly and prosperity agriculture for carving out a strategic action plan for sustainable agriculture.
Key themes of the conference:
The conference would address the issues of anticipating and identifying needs of Extension Education in following themes;
• Integrated and converging technologies in agricultural sciences, including Veterinary & animal science, home science engineering and allied disciplines.
• PROM, organic manures, composts and other Green fertilizers.
• Advances in Extension management
• Monitoring evaluation and impact assessment of extension programmers for NRM and livelihood security in agriculture
CALL FOR PAPERS
Abstracts based on research work and experiences may be submitted press ready. The abstracts not exceeding 500 words should have a title CAPITAL AND BOLD FONT SIZE 14 Arial followed by the name of the authors (s) and institutional address (normal font size 12). The text should contain a brief introduction, material and methods, results and discussion. A hard copy of the abstract (a-4) along with CD formatted on MS word in single line spacing font size 12 with 4cm left 2.5 right, to and bottom margins be sent to the organizing Secretary by 15 November 2012 full length paper of accepted article may be sent by 30 November 2012, abstract and full length paper should also be e-mailed as attachment word file (doc version of word file format)