International Conference on New Trends in Education (nteconf)
Organization: Bahçeşehir University
Venue: Bahcesehir University
|Event Date/Time: Aug 13, 2014||End Date/Time: Aug 15, 2014|
|Registration Date: Aug 12, 2014|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 30, 2014|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 15, 2014|
This conference aims at bringing academicians and school practitioners together to share their research and experiences based on early childhood educational theories and approaches. With the help of this conference, the practical aspects of theoretical perspectives will be discussed and eventually lead to invaluable contributions to this field.
Those who submit papers to the scrutiny of the Conference Scientific Committee will be asked to locate their work in one strand, as below:
- Language learning and teaching (mother tongue development and literacy, foreign language learning, bilingualism, etc)
- Play, drama, and learning
- Children’s rights, democracy and participation
- Values and values education
- Variety and Inclusion (gifted and talented, inclusive education, etc)
- Learning environments (school/classroom designs, museum education, room design at home)
- Leadership and quality (leadership in early childhood schools, quality indicators)
- Paradigm, theoris and methodologies (Reggio Emilio, Waldord, Montessori, Museum education, etc)
- Social and emotionel development
- Arts and Aesthetics development
- STEM – Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education for Early Childhood
- Cognitive development (brain development, neuro science, creativity, critical thinking, etc)
Conference participants are invited to send proposals that correspond to the conference theme and strands.
A proposal can be submitted for:
- Individual paper presentation: 30 minutes including discussion. Individual papers will be grouped into larger symposia by theme.
- Group presentation: groups may propose to organize 3 papers and a moderator around a common theme as a full session of 90 minutes including discussion. For such presentation, please submit one abstract for each of the papers.
- Workshop: 30 minute hands on classroom practices are presented which will be followed by whole group discussions
- Interactive Poster presentation: selected posters will be displayed, and sessions will be set up for conference participants to interact with poster presenters.
Dr. Gelengül Haktanır, Professor of Early Childhood Education, Ankara University.
Dr. Olga S. Jarrett, Professor of Science Education and Early Childhood Education specializes in child development, science teaching methods, the value of play and recess, bully prevention, and service learning. Keynote : Play: A Right of the Child
Dr. Brendan Calandra, Associate Professor of Learning Technologies, specializes in using digital media for learning and teachers’ professional development. Keynote: Digital Video for Teacher Education: Research and Practice
Dr. Caitlin Dooley, Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education, specializes in technology integration and digital literates, as well as emergent literacy in early childhood education. Keynote: Research Instrumentation for Formal and Informal Learning Environments in Early Childhood Education
Dr. Teresa Fisher, Clinical Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education, specializes in English as a second language and literacy in early childhood education.
Dr. Peggy Gallagher, Professor, Early Childhood Special Education, specializes in partnering with families of young children, as well as early intervention for young children with special needs. Keynote: Families as Partners in Early Childhood Education
Dr. Lynn C. Hart, Professor of Mathematics Education, specializes in early childhood/elementary mathematics education and teacher development in mathematics education. Keynote: A Framework for Learner-Centered, Problem Solving Lessons in Mathematics for Young Children