International Workshop on Computational Forensics (IWCF)
Organization: IAPR Technical Committee (TC-6) on Computational Forensics
|Event Date/Time: Aug 24, 2014 / 9:00 am - (GMT +1:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Aug 24, 2014 / 5:00 pm - (GMT +1:00 hours)|
|Paper Submission Date: Mar 14, 2014||Time: 00:00:00(GMT +1:00 hours)|
Sixth IAPR International Workshop on Computational Forensics (IWCF) August 24, 2014 Stockholm, Sweden
* CALL FOR PAPERS * With the advent of high-end technology, fraudulent efforts are on rise in many areas of our daily life, may it be fake paper documents, forgery in the digital domain or copyright infringement. In solving the related criminal cases use of pattern recognition (PR) principles is also gaining an important place because of their ability in successfully assisting the forensic experts to solve many of such cases. The workshops on Computational Forensics generally aims at addressing the theoretical and practical issues related to this field, i.e. role of PR techniques for analysing problems in forensics.
The 6th International Workshop on Computational Forensics (IWCF) will put emphasis on forged document analysis both in hardcopy and digital medium. Analysis of handwriting or signature, detection of change in original documents, writer/speaker identification and verification and copyright violation will be discussed at length. Effort is to bring the people together who are working on these issues in different areas including document and speech processing, music analysis, digital security, forensic sciences, etc. Some broad areas, though not limited to, of the workshop are:
- Detection of fake documents
- Authentication of security documents
- Change detection
- Copyright protection
- Encryption and watermarking
- Digital forensics
- Handwriting and Speech analysis
- Face, Palm, and Iris recognition
Like in the previous years, the workshop will be a place for elaborate discussion of the academic and industrial works, documenting the advances in the related field and creating mutual collaboration on related areas. Interaction among practitioners and academic researchers will receive special attention in this workshop.
* Paper Submission *
All submissions will be fully peer reviewed. The post-proceedings, which will include accepted papers and posters, is intended to be published by Springer as an LNCS volume. Full details on the preparation of submissions can be found on the conference web site http://www.isical.ac.in/~iwcf2014/submission * Submission Dates *
Paper submission deadline: March 14, 2014
Notification of acceptance: April 21, 2014
and early-bird registration: May 21, 2014
Workshop date: August 24, 2014
* Shared task/competition*
Proposal for organizing shared tasks/competitions can be sent to the workshop chairs by November 15, 2013.
* Organising Committee * Workshop Chairs: Utpal Garain (Indian Statistical Institute)
Faisal Shafait (The University of Western Australia)
* Program Committee (So far confirmed...) *
Ali Dehghantanha, Malaysia.
Arun Ross, USA.
C.J. Veenman, The Netherlands.
David Doermann, USA.
Hiroshi Sako, Japan.
Jean-Marc Ogier, France.
Josep LLadós, Spain.
Karthik Nandakumar, Singapore.
Katrin Franke, Norway.
Marcus Liwicki, Switzerland.
Massimo Tistarelli, Italy.
Muhammad Imran Malik, Germany.
Rajesh Kumar, India.
Sagur N. Srihari, USA.
Thomas Walmann, Norway.
Venu Govindaraju, USA.
Yoshinori Akao, Japan.
Zeno Geradts, The Netherlands.
Proposal for organizing shared tasks at IWCF 2014:
You may send proposal for organizing shared task highlight the details about the task, data, evaluation scheme, etc. to the workshop chairs.
Deadline for sending proposal: November 15, 2013.