With the impending ECA standards forcing ports and shipping companies alike to find new fuelling solutions, LNG seems the most plausible. Although environmentally friendly and economically feasible, ports and shipping companies are hesitating, their concerns driven by uncertainty surrounding supply and demand. It is clear that a unified approach is needed to ensure both appropriate infrastructure and technologies are in place for the 2015 deadline.
In response to developments in LNG bunkering in the North and Baltic Seas, Oil and Gas IQ are pleased to announce the launch of the LNG Bunkering Summit - the first event addressing the development of LNG bunkering from a 360 degree view.
Key topics to be addressed at the LNG Bunkering Summit by the European Commission, Royal Belgian Shipowners' Association and White Smoke include:
* Infrastructure development: Explore supply and distribution networks unfolding in Europe along with port incentives.
* Project feasibility: Learn from key industry leaders conducting workshops in LNG bunkering.
* Health and safety: Discuss HSE considerations specific to LNG bunkering.
* Developing regulations: Understand where regulations are lacking in relation to LNG versus conventional bunkering solutions.
* Commercial case studies: Hear from leading shipping companies that have incorporated LNG vessels into their fleets. Learn how they have addressed issues as feasibility, fuelling and procedure.
* An exploration of available and developing technologies: Get an in-depth look at LNG bunkering technologies and the solutions available to ports.
For more information about sessions and the speaker line-up, simply download the event brochure, email email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 207 036 1300.