Maritime Security 2013 West
|Event Date/Time: Aug 19, 2013 / 10:00 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: Aug 21, 2013 / 5:15 pm - (PST)|
Maritime Security 2013 West workshop and exhibition will bring together public and private stakeholders from all levels to discuss, learn and collaborate on strategies and technology use in mitigating security threats posed to the maritime domain.
The workshop sessions and presentations are built with a mission to give all participants the actionable knowledge on how to better secure their maritime areas of responsibility by highlighting available resources and best practices. Each topic will be comprehensively addressed with the critical perspectives of those who have implemented successful strategies and technology in their maritime security operations. In addition to the best practices and resources, the program will also highlight new technology and programs currently in research and development that can enhance and or offer new approaches to maritime security.
Maritime Security 2013 West will also host an exhibition of 75 companies that have highly relevant solutions and past performances in securing the maritime domain. Each company will be vetted by us and our advisors before they are allowed to exhibit. This process allows our participants to see only relevant solutions and our exhibitors to achieve great return on their investments.
In collaboration with DHS Science & Technology Directorate, all participants will have the opportunity to be amongst the first to see in detail, the Maritime Security Technology Pilot Program implemented by DHS S&T and SRI International’s Center for Maritime and Port Security. This demonstration will take place at USCG Sector San Diego Joint Harbor Operation Center.
Participants: Maritime Security 2013 West will host more than 300 participants and 30 exhibiting companies consisting of the following:
- U.S Coast Guard Area, Districts and Sectors
- U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Dept of Defense Maritime Components
- Law Enforcement Agencies with Maritime Missions
- State and Local Government
- Leisure Boating Associations
- Marinas owners and Operators
- Commercial Shipping Associations
- Foreign Military and Federal Agencies
- Terminal Operators
- Port Operators and Administrators
- Port Security Directors
- Port Government Relations Officers
- Critical infrastructure Security Directors
- Commercial Ship Owners and Operators
- Cruise and Ferry Operators
- Workboat Operators
- Security Service Providers and Consultants
- System Integrators
- Security Technology Providers
- Facility Security Officers
- University Students