Medicine and the Natural Resources Industry Conference 2013 (MNRI13)
Organization: International Medical Systems
|Event Date/Time: Nov 03, 2013 / 8:00 am - (GMT +10:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Nov 06, 2013 / 5:00 pm - (GMT +10:00 hours)|
|Registration Date: Nov 03, 2013||Time: 18:00:00(GMT +10:00 hours)|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 01, 2013||Time: 23:59:00(GMT +10:00 hours)|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 20, 2013||Time: 23:59:00(GMT +10:00 hours)|
The Natural Resources Industry requires strong medical inputs at multiple levels. This includes but is not limited to pre deployment evaluations, preventative health strategies, access to comprehensive primary health care services, infection control, and occupational health and return to work programs through to the management of life threatening emergencies. These services often require to be delivered in remote areas and in environments that bring with them unique challenges that most health care practitioners are not normally exposed to. Beyond medical skills, knowledge and clinical judgement, practitioners need a significant understanding of the characteristics, requirements and operational frameworks of the natural resources industry and legislation governing practice across the sector.
This meeting has been designed to address these very issues and to help both health practitioners and representatives of the natural resources industry better understand each other’s needs. So that together in partnership they can continue to build powerful frameworks to ensure the health and safety of the workforce and mitigate health risks in these environments.
The meeting will offer the opportunity for delegates to participate in a discussion with a range of expert speakers who will cover a wide range of themes and topics. The event will also allow delegates, speakers and industry leaders to come together in both a formal and informal exchange of knowledge and ideas.
Speakers Confirmed To Date Include:
- A/Prof Geoff Ramin MB BS FACEM
- A/Prof Stephen Rashford - Medical Director Queensland Ambulance Service
- Dr Paul Bowe - Director, Emergency Medicine
- Dr Ian Hosegood - Director QANTAS Medical Services
- Mr Tony Hucker ASM AdvDip HlthSci Grad Dip-Admin MHlthSci-Ed - Executive Manager - Clinical Education Queensland Ambulance Service
- Professor Hugh Grantham - Medical Director South Australia Ambulance Service
- Professor Gerry Fitzgerald - MB BS, BHA, MD, FACEM, FRACMA, FCHSE, Faculty of Health Queensland University of Technology
- Professor Ian Patrick - President Paramedics Australasia
- A/Prof Richard Brightwell - Paramedicine and Postgraduate Medicine Edith Cowan University
- Mr Nicolas Prass - National Manager MSS Strategic Medical
- Mr Gavin Leader - Mine Site Paramedic BMA Saraji