MiTA Myanmar Investment, Trade and Technology Conference, Workshop & Exhibition: Sept. 25 - 27, 2014 (Investment, Trade and Technology)
Venue: TATMADAW HALL
|Event Date/Time: Sep 25, 2014 / 8:45 am - (GMT +8:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Sep 27, 2014 / 6:00 pm - (GMT +8:00 hours)|
• To organize and manage this conference, MiTA - the Conference Organizer is drawing on its experience
and network in providing investment advisory, management consulting and engineering services in Myanmar since 2009.
• MiTA is uniquely well placed to assist and support foreign organizations in following up on Myanmar
tenders, investment and business opportunities that will ensue from these conferences.
• Based on requests of delegates / sponsors / exhibitors a selected list of Myanmar companies will be
invited to participate in this Myanmar Investment, Trade and Technology conference, workshop and
• On requests, one-to-one private business meetings will be organized to help find:
(c) Local Myanmar Partner for JV investment in Myanmar, and
(d) Corporate services providers, vendors, suppliers, etc.
Guests, Speakers, Panelists and Delegates will include:
• Ministers / MPs of the Govt. of Myanmar
• Ambassadors & Diplomats from Embassies in Myanmar
• Retired Diplomats & Senior Govt. Officials of the Govt. of Myanmar
• Senior Executives of Myanmar Govt. Ministries, Departments and Public Sector Enterprises
• Business Owners & Corporate Leaders of Myanmar private companies
• Academicians, University Professors, Representatives of Private Training Institutes
• Students from a few select universities in Myanmar
• Foreign companies and investors who are interested in investing in Myanmar
Key Discussions Points – Learn from Experts on Myanmar Market:
• Investment Laws & Regulations: Doing Business in Myanmar – Is there any Black Boxes?
• Due Diligence: Risk – Opportunity Analysis, Security Issues and Evaluating JV Partners.
• Environmental Management, Reputation & Brand Management – IEE, EIA, EMP, SIA and CSR.
• Managing Finances, Banking and Repatriation of Profit while doing business in Myanmar.
• Analysis of Business Opportunities – 9 Business Sectors:
(1) Education & Training, (2) Environmental Management (3) Medical & Health Care, (4) Oil & Gas and Energy, (5) Infrastructure Development & SEZs, (6) Investment in Real Estate & Property Development, (7) Banking, Finance & Insurance, (8) Telecommunication, IT & IT Enabled Services (ITES), and (9) Agriculture & Irrigation
- H.E. Ms. Ann Ollestad, Ambassador, The Royal Norwegian Embassy, Myanmar
- H.E. Maj. Gen. (Retd.) Anup K Chakma, Bangladesh Ambassador to Myanmar
- U Aung Kyaw Htoo, Deputy Director, EPD, Ministry of Energy, Myanmar
- U Aung Naing Oo, Director General, DICA, Myanmar
- Prof. Dr. Aung Tun Thet, Advisor, President's Advisory Board, President's Office, The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
- Daw Aye Aye Hla, Director, Transport Planning Dept. / International Relation, Railway
- Mr. Boon Intiratana, Minister Counselor (Commercial), Royal Thai Embassy, Myanmar
- Mr. Francis D’Abrera, Advisor, MiTA Services Pte Ltd, Ex Managing Director (TAGU Thailand)
- H.E. Mr. Gautam Mukhopadhaya, Ambassador, Indian Ambassador to Myanmar
- Dr. George Soe Win, Senior Consultant, Banking & Investment, Myanmar
- U Hla Maung Thein, Deputy Director General, Environmental Conservation Department
- Dr. Htin Paw, CEO of Sakura Hospital, VP of Myanmar Private Hospital Association
- Dr. Junichi Yamada, Sr. Special Advisor, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- Mr. Kazi Faisal Bin Seraj, Country Rep. - BRAC Myanmar, GM - BRAC Myanmar Microfinance Company Ltd
- Prof. Kyaw Myint Naing, Ex. Chairman of Myanmar Medical Council & MMA
- Mr. Liew Chee Seng, Deputy Managing Director, CB Bank, Myanmar
- Dr. Madhab Paul, Managing Director, MiTA Services Pte Ltd
- Dr. Maung Maung Lay, Vice President, UMFCCI, Yangon, Myanmar
- Prof. Myint Han, Director General, Department of Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Mr. Narong Boonyasaquan, Ex Managing Director, CUEL Ltd (Thailand), a Chevron’s JV.
- Mr. Raghu Banerjee, Managing Director, JP Kenny (India)
- Dr. Rai Mra, President, Myanmar Medical Association (MMA)
- H.E. Mr. Roland Kobia, Ambassador, Delegation of the European Union in Myanmar
- U San Thein, Leading Professional, Financial Sector Development, Myanmar
- Mr. Sunil Seth, Country Head - Myanmar, TATA International
- Dr. Than Htut, General Manager, Health Channel, Shwe Than Lwin Media Co. Ltd.
- U Than Maung, Principal Legal Manager (Kelvin Chia), Member of the "Commission for Assessment of Legal Affairs and Special Issues" - Pyithu Hluttaw (Myanmar Parliament)
- U Thein Lwin, Member of Parliament (Pyithu Hluttaw), Government of Myanmar
- U Tun Naing, Member of Political, Economical and Legal Commission, Amyothar Hluttaw (Upper House) of Myanmar
- U Win Aung, President, The Union of Myanmar Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI)
- U Win Khaing, Chairman of United Engineering Group, Member of Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC)
- H.E. U Wynn Lwin, Ambassador (retired), Government of Myanmar
- U Zaw Htay, Director General, Department of Higher Education (Lower Myanmar)
- Dr. Zaw Win - Director General, Department of Technical and Vocational Education