Obstetric Nursing 2013
Organization: Contemporary Forums
Venue: Marriott - New Orleans
|Event Date/Time: Apr 21, 2013 / 7:30 am - (CST)||End Date/Time: Apr 24, 2013 / 1:00 pm - (CST)|
Highlights & Benefits:
- Preconference on The Medically Complex Perinatal Patientwhich includes determining if your patient is headed down the path of maternal compromise, management of pulmonary complications, using the sepsis bundle in obstetrics, maternal cardiac arrest and perimortem cesarean section, and management of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Learn the latest in legal issues in obstetric nursing.
- Attend updates in management of hemorrhage and volume resuscitation, the latest on pumps used for regulating diabetes in pregnancy and trends in maternal mortality.
- Create your own program to fit your learning needs:
- Choose from 20 Concurrent Sessions offering opportunities for lively discussions and interactions with faculty and colleagues.
- Discover new creative managerial and staff techniques and processes to create a healthy work environment in your unit and facility.
- Opportunity for interaction with dynamic national leaders in obstetrics who provide practical application of new clinical research and procedures.
Join hundreds of your OB nursing colleagues and relax in the beautiful city of New Orleans. Meet and mingle with your colleagues and our expert faculty to network, share concerns, and re-evaluate your practice based on the latest research. Return to work with increased knowledge and confidence in the excellent care you provide!
Julie Martin Arafeh, MSN, RN Conference Co-Chair
Suzanne McMurtry Baird, MSN, RN Conference Co-Chair
Kathryn Clayton, MSN, MBA, ALNC Program Manager Contemporary Forums
The experienced Obstetric Nurse will be able to:
- Improve clinical practice by incorporating pathophysiologic concepts into the assessment, management, and nursing care of obstetric patients.
- Discuss staff management strategies related to preparing for high risk and complex perinatal patients.
- Integrate evidence-based nursing practice and current research findings into care of obstetric patients and their infants.
- Enhance collaboration with other colleagues on the health care team to improve patient outcomes.
- Pls call Contemporary Forums at 800-377-7707, email us at for early registration