Online Learning Consortium HBCU Leadership Summit for Online Learning HBCUs: Breaking Barriers to E (HBCU)
Organization: The Sloan Consortium
|Event Date/Time: Oct 29, 2014 / 7:30 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Oct 29, 2014 / 3:15 pm - (EST)|
The HBCU Leadership Summit for Online Learning sponsored by the Online Learning Consortium provides an opportunity for the HBCU community to create a space to discover ways to empower and strengthen online education efforts. The summit provides a forum for informative and stimulating presentations and discussions on strategies and resources that can assist in the creation of a sustainable online learning environment. In addition, the summit will provide prospective on how current trends in online education can be used in the growth of the online footprint in the HBCU community. Lastly, it provides an opportunity for universities sharing similar goals and interests regarding online education an opportunity to network and build resource capacity.
Goals of the Summit:
1. To develop a network of HBCU constituents interested in creating a strategic plan for their online programs.
2. To identify the barriers and exploring solution oriented strategies to extend the institutional legacy into online education.
3. To identify resources for supporting HBCU constituents in developing, implementing, and evaluating online programs (marketing, recruiting, teaching, student services, IT, etc.)
Registration HBCU Summit only (Wednesday, October 29) - This option provides you with a full day of sessions on Wednesday.
Early bird registration deadline: 8/29/2014
· Continental breakfast
· Two workshops
· Keynote address and lunch
· Six (6) featured sessions by experts in the HBCU online learning community
· Join Online Learing Consortium's (OLC) Annual Online Learning Conference (ALN) attendees at a day-end reception.
HBCU Summit (Wednesday) + OLC Annual Online Learning Conference (Thurs/Friday) - Extend your stay after the HBCU Summit ends and join us for the remainder of the OLC Annual Online Learning Conference on Thursday and Friday.
· Continental breakfast Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
· Two HBCU workshops Wednesday
· HBCU Keynote address and lunch Wednesday; ALN keynotes Thursday and Friday
· Six (6) featured sessions by experts in the HBCU online learning community Wednesday
· Join OLC Conference attendees at a day-end reception Wednesday.
· Participate in full ALN Program on Thursday and Friday
This full conference option provides you with the opportunity to hear from HBCU experts, the OLC community, and online learning experts from around the world. Participating in the full conference provides you access to hundreds of additional sessions to expand your online learning knowledge and network of colleagues. Thursday OLC Awards lunch tickets are available for purchase for $15.
Note to OLC Annual Conference Attendees only:
Registrants for the OLC Annual Online Learning Conference are welcome to attend any of the on Wednesday afternoon from 1:30pm - 6:00pm. If you desire to attend one of the on Wednesday morning, please contact us at for registration details. An additional fee will apply for ALN conference attendees who wish to attend HBCU workshops. You may attend the Wednesday afternoon featured sessions at no additional fee. The HBCU Summit keynote address and lunch is a closed event to HBCU Summit registrants only.
EARLY BIRDPRICE THROUGH AUGUST 29, 2014
FULL PRICE AFTER AUGUST 29, 2014
HBCU Summit only - Wednesday 10/29 (HBCU affiliate; code required^)
HBCU Summit only - Wednesday 10/29 (non- HBCU affiliate)
HBCU Summit plus OLC Annual Conference (Regular Attendee) - 10/29-10/31 (HBCU affiliate; code required^)
One-Year Individual OLC Membership (discount 40%)